WHO WANTS TO PICK OUT MY NEXT 5 T's (tommorow is the Pittsburgh Rep Show!)

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Alright everyone --

to show my love of you people who i don't know, I'm'a let youse all pick my next 5 babies... we gotta bring the family up to 20 now.. Its tommorow morning, so post as soon as you can/want to!!

I want to start collecting NW species. I have too many WC/OW species. I got too many marlboro-smoking, pabst-drinking, motorcycle-riding bad boy T's, and i want some other ones....so here's my basic list, feel free to add:

1) another E.capestratus
2) another A.versicolor -or- aviculara
3) another H.lividum
4) T.blondi (my last one died of old age, damnit)
5) my first B.albopilosum
6) another B.smithi
7) another C.cyaneopubescens
8) my first P.regalis
9) another A.geniculata

email me too! I'll love you even more:
BUDave18@aol.com

and feel free to come by Pittsburgh to have some good old fashion sex while we look at tarantulas :) Us rugby guys are scruffy but cool :)

peace,
dave

---
"we run, we jump we swim, we play, we row and go on trips, but the things that forever are our dear friendships...Oh, camp onawanda, we hold you in our heart, and we think about you
-it makes me want to fart..
-KIDS, ITS "I HOPE WE NEVER PART", NOW GET IT RIGHT OR PAY THE PRICE
--

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, I tried to reply to this already but my window decided to close right before I sent it... so here goes another try:

I put a vote in for B. albopilosum. I have 14 curlies of various sizes and they are just terrific. Bulky, good appetite, and fast growth. A couple of mine kick if I surprise them but they are basically sweethearts and handleable. Their coloration is actually quite bright, not the dull brown I expected when I got my first one. I'm attaching a picture of one of my babies a week after a molt.

You can't have too many Greenbottles either. I have 8 spiderlings and they are just a blast during feeding time. Forget the hunt, they catch those suckas out of the air! Plus the colors are great as spiderlings and adults. Mine are big fatties and I'm expecting 5 of them to molt in the next week or so.

You may as well get the regalis too. I don't think anyone has ever been disappointed by a Poec before. I'm hoping to find my first one at the NC Expo in May. :)

I don't know what other species you have but I would say try some new species. Anything Brachypelma--look for boehmei, angustum, klaasi, and ruhnaui. I have an angustum and expect a molt tonight or tomorrow night and since s/he is a big fatty, there should be a LOT of growth. This is a fast growing species, IME, which I find to be a big plus.

Um... I guess that's all the advice I've got.

And as for the sex offer, I'm gonna decline that one. ;)

kellygirl

Last edited:

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
get a few more h.lividum and a male to send my way so i can set him up with my gal i will be glad to share the babys if it happens

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Man, I'm having a hard time tonight! Forgot to attach the pic of the little curly....

kellygirl

Last edited:

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
and the list is thus:

1) E.campestratus
2) B.albopilosum
3) A.versicolor
4) P.regalis
5) H.lividum (if they got a male...)
6) C.cyaneopubescens

who can stop at just 5 at a time, huh?
if they have a male, i will send to make some spider babis!!! I'd love to get a nice shipment of H.lividum slings in the mail! That and Sports Illustrated in the mail would be a great day of Mail!

alright off to sleep before the big spider show! peace
and THANKS!

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
looks like a blurry, but cute T!

Send more pics as S/he gets older!!!!!

nice to finally meet other T lovers...

i hate people saying "oh you have spiders? Thats gross -- don't they bite and kill you?" or "Oh, they cant fetch a stick or play around huh?"

I mean, i dont mind, since people finally learn alot through my family and my T's and they learn to respect them, and hopefully not kill other spiders/Ts in the wild, but still...

I mean, look at fish? thats kinda boring and sedentary. At least you have the OPTION of handeling a T -- and watching a T molt is much more amazing than watching a goldfish swim through the damn stone house at the bottom of the tank OVER and OVER again..

all animals are cool. well, except for cats... just cos i'm allergic :)
peace

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by RugbyDave
looks like a blurry, but cute T!

Send more pics as S/he gets older!!!!!
Yeah, sorry. I probably should have prefaced that with a disclaimer: can not be held responsible for photo quality because I don't have a digital camera yet. Hopefully I will be getting one in the next year so that I can get some good pictures of my babies! Sorry about that....

kellygirl

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
C. fasciatatum
C. cyanopubescens
A. versicolor
A. geniculata
G. aureostriata or pulchra

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lasiodora parahybana
Ceratogyrus marshalli
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
Heteroscodra maculata
Acanthoscurria geniculata

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What about an Ephebopus sp, such as murinus or cyanognathus? They're both great t's!

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Dave,
Was that reptile show in Monroeville? It's a cool show.

Andy

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey andy,

yeah it was the Rep Show in Monroeville. Its every month i guess. I justmoved to the Area from Boston, and we didnt get too many shows out there. Its better than my home in Iceland though. We never had any Reptile shows there. Seriously. It was ALL about going to Sweden to pick up T's :)

are you in M'ville or the 'Burgh?

peace,
dave

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Dave,
I live in CAdiz, Ohio but it's only about an hour from Pittsburgh. There are some really good reptile shows in Columbus, Ohio once a month. There is a private dealer in Pittsburgh who has a wide variety of species at good prices. Last time I was there he had 7'8" T. blondi's for $75. H. lividums were $23. He usually carries about 15-20 species.

Andy

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Vulp -- do you know the guys name or how i could contact him?!! Cos, that would be sweet :)

peace,
dave

damn, in my own town!!!