Who Ships These Days?

Archangel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
DHL was always good for me. FedEx the same. It was UPS that chucked and ran.

wicked

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
brigebane said:
Yeah, gotta love recieving a box from DHL, they practically huck it at the door and run, I don't think they've ever knocked to let me know that the delivery was there.

I had DHL come to my house once and didn't have that problem. My german shepherd kept him in the van until I walked out to have it handed to me through his open window. {D
I prefer FedEX. DHL is unpredictable, maybe they bring it here, maybe they leave it at the post office.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Satanika said:
You can not use priority mail for any International mailings. Priority mail is only good to mail within the USA. International shipments can only be sent Air, Surface or Global.
You are right, that is what I meant but wrote the other (too many things on my mind)

On another note, if you are referring to mailing them in or out of the US, then shipping International is illegal; unless you have an import/export license.

:embarrassed:
Who said I didnt have one? ;)

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
brigebane said:
Yeah, gotta love recieving a box from DHL, they practically huck it at the door and run, I don't think they've ever knocked to let me know that the delivery was there.
LOL Yes, this is my experience, too. I get shipments of crickets all the time. They are always plainly labeled AVOID EXTREME TEMPERATURES/KEEP OUT OF DIRECT SUNLIGHT. We have a nice big porch. But more often than not, the DHL deliverymen leave my packages on the front steps, where they're in the sun, when only another step or two would put the package in the shade of the porch OUT of the sun.

The packages also are labeled ATTENTION DHL DELIVERYMAN: YOU MUST RING DOORBELL OR KNOCK UPON DELIVERY. But in practice they prefer to steal silently up the drive, drop the package (on the steps in direct sunlight, of course) and flee like thieves in the night.

I keep threatening to start a remedial reading program for DHL deliverymen. It is clear most of them are illiterate, poor things :)

Joy

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
Satanika said:
If you use USPS Express Mail, it is always guaranteed (including the time of day). Don't let them tell you otherwise.
call my local post office...see what they tell you ;)

Satanika

She Who Rules AKA Thread Killer
Staff member
edesign said:
call my local post office...see what they tell you ;)
Then you need to report them to the Postmaster. It is not up to the local to decide on the rules. They are Federal, therefore all must follow them.

I think maybe you are misunderstanding my meaning of the word "guaranteed". How the Post Office means it is that your item is guaranteed to arrive at the destination upon said date and time. If not, then you are entitled to a full refund. That is the guarantee. Here is a link to their website with the "guarantee":

http://www.usps.com/shipping/expressmail.htm

This is not to say that mistakes and errors won't happen, mind you. Just that if it fails, then you are guaranteed a full refund.

Seriously, if your local Post Office tells you that Express Mail has no "guarantee", then they need to be reported and retrained. ;)

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
well, they have always told me 2 day minimum...wasn't guaranteed overnight. I'll have to give them a call again and make sure I was understanding them right.

Satanika

She Who Rules AKA Thread Killer
Staff member
edesign said:
well, they have always told me 2 day minimum...wasn't guaranteed overnight. I'll have to give them a call again and make sure I was understanding them right.
I never said that it was guaranteed "overnight". I just said that it was guaranteed. ;) And they can't tell you that there is a 2 day minimum with Express Mail.

Here is another link that breaks it down for you, so you know what you are dealing with:

http://webapps.usps.com/expressmailcommitments/landing.jsp

How they determine how long the guaranteed delivery day and time is based on where it is being mailed from and to. If it is a major city, then it should be next day. If it is far out, then expect the 2 day time frame.

If you want something guaranteed overnight, then you would have to go with UPS or FedEx.

Hope this info helps some of you out. :)

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I used to use UPS exclusively, but recently switched to USPS, as well. I like to send T's "express" or "guarranteed next day" as i can schedule a pick up as well. I don't write FRAGILE anymore cause my step son told me that when he worked for UPS, employees deliberately threw the boxes maarked FRAGILE just for the heck of it.