Who molted today?

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Two molts last night!

0.0.1 Hapalopus sp. Colombia large - Jack(Jackie?)
View attachment 424733

0.1 Tliltocatl albopilosus - Hagatha (last molt was 178 days ago - 5.5" DLS pre-molt, guessing she'll be over 6" now)
View attachment 424739
View attachment 424740
View attachment 424741
Jack is a Jackie!

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
The OBT-s molt is closed off in its web tunnel. Any advice on how to remove it?
Congrats! Busy day for these T's.

Advice on removing the molt is don't. The T will throw it out eventually - no need to mess with a freshly molted temperamental OBT.

Delbert McClintock

Arachnopeon
Congrats! Busy day for these T's.

Advice on removing the molt is don't. The T will throw it out eventually - no need to mess with a freshly molted temperamental OBT.
Thank you. I'll leave it be. I was just looking up whether or not molts would mold or not. Mostly, everyone says it's fine to leave.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Thank you. I'll leave it be. I was just looking up whether or not molts would mold or not. Mostly, everyone says it's fine to leave.
T's are actually fairly tidy when it comes to their burrow, so they'll clean out anything they don't want in there. Also, in an OBT enclosure especially, I wouldn't consider mold to be a big issue since they should be pretty dry.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
20220728_081259.jpg
My acanthoscurria geniculata sling Vicer moulted 😊 still on the moult atm but all looks good 👍 (springtails in the water dish before anyone freaks out, put them in with my isopods n now they are in every viv ... not sure how 😆)

Finikan

Painter of Poorly Rendered Images
Arachnosupporter +
Baby P. pulcher, now just waiting for its sac mate to molt! They seem to molt frequently within days of each other. Ready for rehouse in about two weeks.
20220727_172059.jpg

20220728_071433.jpg
About 1.5" now.... growing so fast. 3/4-1.5 in two molts within 2 months.

Last edited:

Pmurinushmacla

Arachnobaron
Not "today," but I got home from a 3 week vacation to 4 molts. Obt hooked out, female regalis put on some size, and so did my ornata slings. Was kinda worried about them, no food for 3 weeks and water only before i left and 10 days before I returned, however they are all healthy and eating. I think we (or at least I) often underestimate them. Please excuse the horrendous pic of the ornata, they're a bit messy. 20220728_125815~2.jpg 20220723_144305.jpg 20220723_143941~2.jpg 20220728_130357.jpg

HooahArmy

Arachnoknight
After crawling to the mysterious enclosure niche known only as the cricket corral, Tliltocatl albopilosus 'Chocolate Rain the 3rd' proceeded to molt in the most awkward position possible, following his/her endeavor with a high-level yoga pose known only as 'The Wiggling Tangle'...

No worries, he/she is still alive in the photo. Choco has a preference of molting in their in-enclosure cricket-enclosure and lies on their side to wiggle around for hours after. Every darn molting.
Their mother did the same. Scary though; I thought they both were in death curls the first time I saw! IMG-1149.jpg

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
After crawling to the mysterious enclosure niche known only as the cricket corral, Tliltocatl albopilosus 'Chocolate Rain the 3rd' proceeded to molt in the most awkward position possible, following his/her endeavor with a high-level yoga pose known only as 'The Wiggling Tangle'...

No worries, he/she is still alive in the photo. Choco has a preference of molting in their in-enclosure cricket-enclosure and lies on their side to wiggle around for hours after. Every darn molting.
Their mother did the same. Scary though; I thought they both were in death curls the first time I saw! View attachment 425579
In enclosure cricket enclosure?

HooahArmy

Arachnoknight
In enclosure cricket enclosure?
Strange, but yes! A select few of my enclosures are divided into two parts: the main location for the invert and a little partially buried dish to hold whatever is being fed. Having the little 'cricket corral' or 'dubia dish' quite helps to keep me from needing to chase down any prey my buddies don't eat, and likewise keeps the prey from hiding or going anywhere the hunters can't find them! An inward curling lip on the dish also works marvels to keep superworms and mealworms in when I do occasionally use them for feed.
Back in the days, I had an old pal of mine who rejected prey in a large enclosure since she was readying to molt. When I realized she wasn't eating, I chased the mealworm around to remove it for her safety once she did molt, but only ended up stressing the T. I surrendered, leaving the mealworm in place, only for the horror of the worm to appear again after my homegirl had molted and it nibbled on her new tender body! It was one of my worst beginner mistakes. After that, I followed a friend's suggestion of the in-enclosure dish for certain Ts. I use the side dishes mostly for younger slings who are having trouble transitioning from their scavenging phase to working up the courage to chase down a live baby cricket.

Today, I've gotten experienced enough to stun prey, but have left the little dishes permanently for Chocolate Rain's family only, since they all had grown accustomed to molting inside it. It's their personal yoga room, and on occasion, also serves as a place for me to serve water, since they are notorious water dish flippers.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Strange, but yes! A select few of my enclosures are divided into two parts: the main location for the invert and a little partially buried dish to hold whatever is being fed. Having the little 'cricket corral' or 'dubia dish' quite helps to keep me from needing to chase down any prey my buddies don't eat, and likewise keeps the prey from hiding or going anywhere the hunters can't find them! An inward curling lip on the dish also works marvels to keep superworms and mealworms in when I do occasionally use them for feed.
Back in the days, I had an old pal of mine who rejected prey in a large enclosure since she was readying to molt. When I realized she wasn't eating, I chased the mealworm around to remove it for her safety once she did molt, but only ended up stressing the T. I surrendered, leaving the mealworm in place, only for the horror of the worm to appear again after my homegirl had molted and it nibbled on her new tender body! It was one of my worst beginner mistakes. After that, I followed a friend's suggestion of the in-enclosure dish for certain Ts. I use the side dishes mostly for younger slings who are having trouble transitioning from their scavenging phase to working up the courage to chase down a live baby cricket.

Today, I've gotten experienced enough to stun prey, but have left the little dishes permanently for Chocolate Rain's family only, since they all had grown accustomed to molting inside it. It's their personal yoga room, and on occasion, also serves as a place for me to serve water, since they are notorious water dish flippers.
Fair enough 😊 better safe then sorry 👍
Do you think it's coincidence they all moult in there or something else I find that very interesting that they all choose to moult there

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
20220805_105839(2).jpg 20220805_105900.jpg
The Chairman avicularia purpurea sam 1 day post moult. Just liked the second pic looks like eyes 😆 His upgrade is waiting don't worry has been for a month but he went into pre moult.
20220805_125856.jpg
Hermosa Brachypelma smithi sling 1 of 3 sack mates and always the first to moult 😊 so tiny 😄
20220803_144946(0).jpg
Deetra Davus pentaloris sling 2 days post moult having a good stretch 🥰