Who molted today?

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Not the greatest pics, but my A. avic. An absurd Petsmart rescue that had my blood boiling. Nonetheless, he/she can die in my care with basic needs met! 20220509_193203.jpg 20220509_193134.jpg

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
This morning my biggest male decided to moult my Grammostola ihiringhi "Brian" 20220510_062218.jpg
Not the best pic he chose to moult right in the entrance of his burrow, he is still on his bk as I write this can't wait to see how big he has got 😊

Tarantulafeets

Arachnobaron
I spotted a freshly molted H himalayana through its window to its burrow, which explains why I haven't seen it out lately.

Last edited:

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
they eat like machines but so far the premolt times have been very long for me:

0.0.1 Phormictopus auratus
IMG_20220510_135749.jpg

HeartBum

Arachnobaron
Came home to find my shiny GBB not so shiny anymore. I've lost count of how many moults now since the weekend :hungry:

Also, my N. chromatus put on a huge amount of size from that moult. Leg span looks twice what it was. Madness! & 3 new additions coming tomorrow also. Nothing better than delivery day.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Xenesthis immanis sling (or maybe juvie now?). Looks like it's legs nearly doubled in length - :astonished:!
View attachment 417890

That was quick - not even 4 hours after I posted this saying it looked eminent...

Here's Neptune about 20 hours afterwards - nice size gain!

20220510_190637.jpg

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Yesterday when I got in from shopping my male versicolor itsy bitsy spooda had moulted 20220511_191158.jpg
Not the best pic but web 😆
And this morning I have come down to my pamphobeteus machala Maleficent on her bk first moult in my care. 20220512_051214.jpg
And white legs in the bottom of my Davus pentaloris Deetra's enclosure . 20220512_051246.jpg Popping all over the place atm had 5 this week already 😁

Chris73G

Arachnopeon
My geniculata gifted me my very first molt last night. Two days ago she made herself a nice bed out ouf spaghnum moss und webbed her molt mat over that, yesterday evening she lay down and this morning she was done with it:

Last edited:

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Man, it's molting season!

A. avicularia - molt was 2.75" DLS, post-molt stretch is just shy of 3.5" (time for a bigger enclosure). Also, it's a boy!
20220513_140204.jpg

Ceratogyrus darlingi molted, as well, but that one is still underground so no pics yet. Eager to see how much bigger it's horn got.

H. pulchripes and E. murinus - you're on deck...

coolnweird

Arachnobaron
My A. seemani sling molted this morning! I got to watch it lay down a molt mat and kick a generous amount of setae, but didn't catch it flip over. Had to go to work and I'm always a bit apprehensive when I don't get to "supervise" a molt, but everything went perfectly. Put on A LOT of size, but I couldn't get a decent picture to save my life 😂 attaching my failed attempts anyway for your entertainment

Attachments

coolnweird

Arachnobaron
I spoke too soon, checked my collection before bed and my newest acquisition molted as well! P. cambridgei sling

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
My A. seemani sling molted this morning! I got to watch it lay down a molt mat and kick a generous amount of setae, but didn't catch it flip over. Had to go to work and I'm always a bit apprehensive when I don't get to "supervise" a molt, but everything went perfectly. Put on A LOT of size, but I couldn't get a decent picture to save my life 😂 attaching my failed attempts anyway for your entertainment
If you put your record on you can take stills and you don't get as much distortion off the flash coz it's on constant you can change your angles to get less glare it's what I do coz my cam isn't good on my phone but the vid record is good 😊 works great for me anyways 😊