Who molted today?

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Neischnocolus sp. "Panama" sling, Chilobrachys sp. "electric blue" sling, Haploclastus devamatha sling, adult female P. fortis and Nhandu chromatus.
DSC_0225 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:

BennyBTamachi

Arachnosquire
Went out for 3 days and came back to find out I missed the molting of my A. bicoloratum! But glad to see her in her new dress :D

inCollage_20210616_122644320.jpg

Baby T

Arachnoknight
Double bubble last night... Nhandu Tripepii and P. Sazmai, aka Squeaky and Mr wiggles!

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Aphonopelma moderatum male “Grub” matured tonight. He’s gorgeous, but in hiding. Photo in the morning.

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
My smallest sericopelma sp santa Catalina.
PXL_20210617_210239910.jpg
This one arrived looking to be in poor condition about 3 weeks ago, it was sluggish and had the 0 hair on it's abdomen at all, my other Santa Catalina has never even kicked hair once, or threat posed for that matter.

My first Santa Catalina I didn't give a hide until it was a juvie, this one got a hide right away and ate one small cricket before spending the next 3 weeks underground. My previous Santa Catalina who was kept cooler and without a hide never had a premolt period longer than 5 days, while this one had a 3 week premolt. This is my anecdotal evidence towards @cold blood and @viper69 s sling theory.

The reason it's threat posing is because I removed the hide to check if it was still alive (due to the odd condition I received it in) and before placing the hide back down I had to poke it a bit so I could place the hide safely.