Who molted today?

CJJon

Arachnokrólewicz
0.0.1 C. cyaneopubescens

My very first T and very first molt! Came home last night and there were too many legs in its web hole. I really want to retrieve the molt but it is still inside the webbing and I don't think I can get at it without disturbance. Maybe it will help me out and toss it out the hole!

It had been off food (B. lateralis) for a few days but hadn't seemed to change color much so it was a bit of a surprise. In fact, there is a B. lat nymph in there now that she refused the last time I tried feeding. It was in there when she molted but it hasn't moved from a spot on the cork bark since I put it in there. I am amazed at how fast they are, no way I am going to catch it without totally tearing apart the enclosure.

Thanks to Tanya from Fear Not Tarantulas for a great T and great starter package!

miamc12321

Arachnopeon
P metallica baby molted, scaring the Hades out of me because I thought it was her. Unexpected surprise because the seller said it was more like eight weeks away! Looks like my baby knew better. She went back to burrow, so I haven't seen him/her in the new clothes yet.

Autocorrect... molted is a word, phone!

Attachments

DanBsTs

Dan (Not Even Cool) the Man
My Pseudhapalopus sp blue molted today. Now it is slightly bigger than 1/4” instead of just 1/4”. The gains are mind boggling! :eek: :rolleyes:

buzz182

Arachnosquire
0.0.1 P.irminia sling molted today. had shown no signs of being in premolt and has shown some impressive growth this molt.

WolfSoon

Arachnoknight
I’m 90% sure my minuscule C. elegans sling molted. A few weeks ago I thought it had molted and then decided I was looking at an oddly shaped piece of substrate rather than a tiny exuvia :bucktooth:

My P. cambridgei sling definitely molted but didn’t grow much.

Potatatas

Arachnoknight
Both my P. regalis and L. parahybana moulted! Took me ages to realise P. regalis had moulted. Was sure it looked bigger but couldn't find the moult anywhere as it blended in so well with the cork bark.

Also, a note for anyone with a P. regalis who hasn't seen them moult yet. Mine was hard to tell it was in premoult. The abdomen did not get the tell tale dark shiny patch and was not that big. Unlike my LP which had a huge booty and a huge dark patch

JAFUENTES

Arachnodragon
Female P.sazimai
Female G.pulchra
Female N.trippepi
Female N.Chromatus
Huge still Immature male X.immanis

Happy Thanksgiving to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
One of the Phormictopus cancerides ‘Dominican Purple’ and the last Pamphobeteus sp. ‘mascara’ are molting. The Brachypelma kahlenbergi molted again too, less than a month since the last time, pretty cool

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Two juvie B. vagans females molted recently, and our little O. sp Hati Hati sling.

Female N.trippepi
Jealous! I am preeeetty sure mine is male. S/he is in HEAVY premolt at the moment, so I'll know for sure soon.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Genicula, my juvenile male Acanthoscurria geniculata, just flipped onto his back.

Update: it looks like the molt was successful.