Who likes Poecilotheria?

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
Originally posted by JacenBeers
Chris at Creepy Crawlies charges a lot for them. I do not want a tiny spiderling I am sick of rasing spiderlings. i like to have spiders that are atleast juvenile and those I would have to sell a kidney to buy.
sorry bout that Jacen, I forgot that you aren't in the USA. I myself love to raise babies. My dream job: raise baby T's up to the 1 or 2" size for someone who does the re-selling ( I don't want the bother of an online site, packing, shipping, billing, etc. - I just want to raise babies :D )

Gail

VI6SIX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Originally posted by AlbinoDragon829
What job would that be?
I'm the assistant guy at e-spiderworld been working here about 16 months know....jealous

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by VI6SIX
I'm the assistant guy at e-spiderworld been working here about 16 months know....jealous
And have a very twitchy finger ;P

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
Well, Code, since I've seen these triple posts from him several times I'm actually more inclined to believe that he's just a , just a, just a ... st st ... that he stutters :D

Gail

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by Gail
sorry bout that Jacen, I forgot that you aren't in the USA. I myself love to raise babies. My dream job: raise baby T's up to the 1 or 2" size for someone who does the re-selling ( I don't want the bother of an online site, packing, shipping, billing, etc. - I just want to raise babies :D )

Gail
LOL Kind of a surrogate spidermom!

Joy

Arachniphile

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Jacen:

I do not want a tiny spiderling I am sick of rasing spiderlings. i like to have spiders that are atleast juvenile and those I would have to sell a kidney to buy.
Gail:

I myself love to raise babies. My dream job: raise baby T's up to the 1 or 2" size for someone who does the re-selling ( I don't want the bother of an online site, packing, shipping, billing, etc. - I just want to raise babies)
Sounds like a deal to me. Jacen buys the sling, Gail raises it to the 2" size.... Everyone is happy... :)

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
Originally posted by Joy
LOL Kind of a surrogate spidermom!

Joy
LOL yes, I suppose that would be right :D Humm, I wonder if I can put an ad in the newspaper:

Woman, late 30's with prior spiderling experience. Willing to raise your precious spiderlings for the cost of crickets and small additional amount for time involved. Completely caring and confidential. Please contact at...

ROFLMAO - oh no, I got myself going with that one.

Gail :D :D

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Jacen- for starters I find it a great achievement to raise a spiderling up to a juvenile because it makes me feel like I have accomplished something good and my baby didn't die.
Anyways, here is a new pic of my Heidi,(P.regalis) that I got from Pam and boy is she getting big, almost 7". And she actually was posing for us and hope it isn't too blurry.

Attachments

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by Gail
Well, Code, since I've seen these triple posts from him several times I'm actually more inclined to believe that he's just a , just a, just a ... st st ... that he stutters :D

Gail
Ouch! This is my only touchy subject as, believe it or not from my overly verbose typage, I am a "recovered" stutterer. I cannot tell you how cruel children to a stutterer - it's where I get my iron skin and probably a great source of my cynicism. Although I'm normally fine (after several years of speech therapy) if I get really emotionally involved in a subject, I'll still slip up. It was a lot of fun when I first got together with my (now) wife and sometimes couldn't get anything at all to come out because the wires in the head were so crossed :) It's a fascinating disability and gives me a some amount of insight how it must be to have something like Parkinsons or MS - you know what you're sending from the brain, but it just ain't getting there right.

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by petitegreeneyes
Hey Jacen- for starters I find it a great achievement to raise a spiderling up to a juvenile because it makes me feel like I have accomplished something good and my baby didn't die.
I agree completely. When I started in the hobby, the number of successful breedings in captivity world wide could have been counted on your hands. Juveniles and adults of unknown age were all that was available. Plus, the supply of all but a few species was very small and sporadic because they only came from wild caughts.

I'm thrilled to see the widespread availibility of slings. It increases the overall supply and gives me a chance to see things that weren't possible twenty years ago. I find it fascinating to see that moult where the first hint of the adult colours come out, or even to look at a larger sling and think it was all of a little 1/4" termite sized thing when you first got it and now it's getting so big and robust.

That attitude about not wanting to wait around for a sling is pretty much why the pet trade is dominated by so many G. rosea, A. seemani and A. avicularia. They're some of the few species that can be imported in enough numbers and cheaply enough to satisfy all the "I want a BIG spider" impulse buyers.

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Code Monkey

I'm thrilled to see the widespread availibility of slings. It increases the overall supply and gives me a chance to see things that weren't possible twenty years ago. I find it fascinating to see that moult where the first hint of the adult colours come out, or even to look at a larger sling and think it was all of a little 1/4" termite sized thing when you first got it and now it's getting so big and robust.

it still amazes me and never fails to impress any visitors when I point out a 3/4" ling and then point out its huge parent on the next shelf.
Ed

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree that rasing spiderlings is great but I have enough of those right now. I really like Pokies when they are older and look great like that so I would rather get a juvie rather than a baby.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Slings are great. There's practically no better feeling than looking at an adult T and going I remember when you were only 1/4" :) Only thing better is looking at your kids and thinking, I remember when you were conceived..... :D

Scott

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Originally posted by VI6SIX
well from my peon status you canprobaly tell I'm new at this
@ Matt,

LOL. Not a problem Matt. Just remember, you can delete your own posts here if you double post. Click edit under the duplicate post and at the top, there is a check box and a delete button. Check off the box and click on the button. Wala, no more duplicate post.

@ All,

There have been some problems recently with the MySql server that the forums are hosted on due to my webhost giving out databases for free now. Due to this, there is an increased load on the server that may be affecting the time it takes to post. Just give it a little bit before you start hitting the submit post button repeatedly and it will go through.

Scott

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Um yeah, Jacenbeers, Kelly swift ( www.swiftinverts.com ) currently has about 4 different species of Poecilotheria for sale. Including P. rufilata CB !!!!!