Who Grows Faster

PhobeToPhile

Arachnoknight
Ironicly, on previous forums (non-spider related) I DID have a bird related name... :D

And I think food availability would depend on location (geographic and local) and time of year. Some times might bring a windfall of food followed by long, hard, lean times.

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ironicly, on previous forums (non-spider related) I DID have a bird related name... :D
did you tell him the answers? that's cheating! you're not supposed to do that! LOL JK.

but honestly, i'd still like to hear the answer to my question...?:confused:

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What was your question?
i wanted to know why he was using a specific a comparison between his pulchripes and talons pulchra to prove pulchra grew faster. and the whole jumping to conclusions thing.

honestly, even you with all your knowlege, i don't know if you could answer some of the questions i have for smallara... but thank you for asking anyway :D

Last edited:

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i wanted to know why he was using a specific a comparison between his pulchripes and talons pulchra to prove pulchra grew faster. and the whole jumping to conclusions thing.

honestly, even you with all your knowlege, i don't know if you could answer some of the questions i have for smallara... but thank you for asking anyway :D
I jumped on conclusion because he bought his pulchra around the same time I got my pulchripes , and it grew faster . But like I said , it depends on feeding and tempertures .

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I jumped on conclusion because he bought his pulchra around the same time I got my pulchripes , and it grew faster . But like I said , it depends on feeding and tempertures .
i'm not trying to put words in your mouth (quite the opposite, in fact) but when did you say anything about temperatures? i'm pretty sure that was joe that said that, not you.

also i don't think the comparison establishes anything, other than proof of talon's ability to "speed-grow" grammostolas. it's really a specific scenario. talon keeps his Ts, from what i've read, pretty well controlled with feeding, temps and documentation of what he has done. way more than the average keeper. of course something would grow faster in an enviroment like that if they were put up against something that normally grows about the same rate, that's really a no brainer.

Last edited:

sean-820

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh no, not again:rolleyes:.... Ok just gonna post this.

G. pulchra 1" - 4.5" 9 months
G. rosea 1" - 3" 6 months In premolt now and approaching month #9 So it may be 3.5" or so soon.

I have never had G pulchripes so I have no documentation on this. Just wanted to show the speed of these two specimens under the absolute best conditions possible.
How did your pulchra grow so fast? I got mine in september and it just molted early this july and is now just over 1". Do you powerfeed and use additional heat?

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How did your pulchra grow so fast? I got mine in september and it just molted early this july and is now just over 1". Do you powerfeed and use additional heat?
Endless buffet......Temps like living on the equator :D ........Every sling all the time.