White tarantula?

tin man

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
the closest thing I could find to your other one is Xenisthis immanis. But I am no expert. Look it up on google

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Definitely not Xenethis. Phormictopus spp. is definitely my guess, as they are a common WC import and grow to be a decent size, as well as the morphology, and the purple highlights definitely make me think this. as too which species, i have no idea, in fact the genus is in such a state that i'm not even sure which species are still valid anymore. your T is often sold as P. cancerides, but i'm pretty sure this is a misidentification. its a very pretty T, and depending on what species it actually is, it is quite possible another moult will give it much more purple all over.

John

gumby

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lol yup looks like you have the poster child for unknown Ts A. seemani.

BigBryan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
as for now I would have to go with the Phormictopus sp.and A.seemani. I will probably thread revive this after molts.

edit quick question: I'm a bit confused when I googled Phormictopus sp. some info came up and my tarantula is the Phormictopus sp. purple? and that is also a Phormictopus cancerides color morph? or Phormictopus sp. purple is the actual name of the T and is sometimes sold as a cancerides?

Last edited:

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
1st is P. cancerides (pet trade)
2nd is A. seemanni (pet trade)