White blister like bumps under the abdomen

TheFredz

Arachnopeon
Hey guys This morning I woke up to a T's lying on his back freshly molted.

The molting process in itself seem to have gone just fine but I noticed that she had several white spots on her abdomen and two of which are protruding from the exo creating something that look like a white cyst or blister like bump. Also one of the bump seem located inside one of the book lung.
This T's is believed to be A.sp.Guatemala and is most likely wild caught. I only had it for about 2 months and never noticed any bumps under the abdomen before but it's possible they were smaller or darkened when the exo hardened and I just failed to noticed them.

Anyone ever encountered something similar or have more info on this condition?

could this be a prior injuries that have healed?

Is there anything I can do for her or is this pretty much a waiting game?

any advice and info would be greatly appreciated.

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ooh that doesn't look good. My suggestion would be to feed sparingly, perhaps on her next molt they'll be gone. If they continue to grow, there are threads here debating the effectiveness of draining....

Le Wasp

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had a T with a white bulge like that on the underside of her abdomen. She molted and was fine after that. I'm not sure if it's a common place for weakening of the exoskeleton or what. It looks as though the weakened exoskeleton ballooned out just a little bit before it hardened.

I just received a T with a similar abdominal bulge. Hopefully she'll molt out OK too.

Enomegra

Arachnopeon
My only thought other than a cyst is a water blister. I have not seen it in inverts before but I know from many years in the reptile hobby that heavy moisture can cause blisters on the belly of any animal not suited to those conditions. Aphononopelma like it moist but, while I may be wrong, in the photos it looks like the substrate might be very wet. Forgive me if I saw something in the photos that was not there.

Again just a shot in the dark since you have not got many other ideas. I hope it clears up with her next molt.

TheFredz

Arachnopeon
the substrate in this corner of the enclosure is damp because I tend to over flow the water dish when i fill it or spill the remaining of the content when I take it out the clean it up. When her bald spot on her abdomen turned black and shiny about a week ago I changed her water dish for a bigger one for added humidity to help with the molt and decided to put it on the same side but in the other corner to give the substrate a chance to dry a bit. She usually hand in her hide or on the dry side she just decided to use this corner with the damp substrate to molt.

Last edited:

Enomegra

Arachnopeon
Ah yes the enclosure looks good. Hopefully next molt will spell the end of those blemishes. Best of luck.