Old Timer
another shot...

More of a full body one. enjoy

Phil

Alex S.

Arachnolord
Old Timer
D. diadema

Gorgeous Damon diadema specimen. Awesome photos as well!!

Alex S.

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Phil,
Totally cool! Are they hard to care for?

Peace,
Gillian

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Gillian
Phil,
Totally cool! Are they hard to care for?

Peace,
Gillian
Gillian, I had 11 first or second instars, some died, I sold some and now have 2 left (I got them for 5.00 each). they seem very humidity sensitive when they are very small. I let the two last ones I have dry out for 4 weeks (well, I let everything in my herp/invert room dry out due to a friggen phorid fly problem, lost a tri-color scorpion and a vinegaroon) the amblys came through ok. they seem intimidated by prey the same size or larger then they IME. I keep the two I have left in seperate 1 gallon rubbermaid type containers with a screw on lid that has numerous holes in it for ventilation. they are extremely fascinating to observe! but, unless prices have dropped are a bit pricey as juvs from most dealers........when I first had the 11 I kept them together for a few months and there was no cannibalism, not sure if they get along as adults except for breeding. when I have visitors out of the 100+ inverts/herps in my collection the amblys and vinegaroons garner the most attention, most people have no idea we have such alien looking sp. of inverts living on this world with us.
Ed

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Ed,
Very cool..although, I may just stay with t's. I really do not know what took me so damn long to get with tarantulas..:)

Peace,
Gillian

Alex S.

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Alien Arachnids

I agree. Personally I think vinegaroons, amblypygids, and of course solifugids :D , are the most alien, yet incredible, creatures on the planet.

Alex S.

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Like Ed said...

They are a tad moisture sensitive when they're tiny but once the molt a few times they become pretty easy to keep. When they move though they make the fastest Ts look like they're standing still so you do have to be careful not to pich any legs when shutting the container lid.

Phil