Which tarantula (if any) could 1v1 a common house cat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Evolution is constant, but it works slowly; changes as big as evolving into a new species with much more toxic venom specifically to deal with a new predator usually take much longer than 4,000 years to happen, unless you're talking about microorganisms and such.
At the risk of further derailing this thread, you should read into the theory behind quantum evolution and peppered moths ;) . If the pressure is great enough, adaption can happen on a much smaller and observable timescale.

Their venom is extremely potent for dogs which is likely a result of them evolving to more effectively defend themselves against dingoes, we have absolutely no idea how effective it is on cats though (not sure what evidence they have for the cat claim on the museum page as only dogs and humans were compared in the link below).

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12657322/
I'm not quite sure either TBH, but I err on the side of believing they have some kind of proof outside of anecdotal in order to make such a claim on a government website.

jbooth

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
I dunno, I think this rare one on youtube has a shot... but only every thousand years...
funnyfakespider.png

Seriously, just no. Not likely even a big poeci would even result in a dead cat next to a dead spider. Cats have been hunting spiders and snakes for millions of years. The cat would wake up hours later to a meal, at worst.

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
ADMIN NOTE:

Intent to actually do it or not is irrelevant. The mere question of it displays pure ignorance for this hobby, as a whole. That is NOT what this site is for or about. This is the wrong place for this type of question. .

Status
Not open for further replies.