which sp is this roach?

Takumaku

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It's a Hormetica sp., possible Hormetica verrucosa or Hormetica seabrai.

Takumaku

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm sorry, but until the genus Lucihormetica is published in the ARTHROPODA, I will not accept the new name. As of right now, I am only aware that the genus Lucihormetica has not been published in the ARTHROPODA but in the "Amazoniana". Amazoniana is mainly a "hobbyist magazine" and to my knowledge the taxonomical relevant papers are peer-reviewed.

Zompro, O & Fritzsche, I. (2000): Lucihormetica fenestrata n. gen., n. sp., the first record of luminescence in an orthopteroid insect (Dictyoptera: Blaberidae: Blaberinae: Brachycolini). Amazoniana 15(3/4): 211-219, figs. 1-6.

DITB

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
looks like Blaberus discoidalis to me.

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The head pattern is crazy on that, splotches of red on the black, and the yellow areas on the body. Interesting.

Takumaku

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
looks like Blaberus discoidalis to me.
Relying on the OP claim that this roach came from Brazil is why I said Blaberus giganteus. Discoid are native to Cuba. Heck, there are a few new species of Blaberus finding their way into Brazil...it could be any one of them.

Takumaku

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
blaberus giganteus have some id key?
how can i know if it's giganteus or not?
A simple way to help eliminate some of the blaberus sp. is by measuring the total length.

discoidalis: 35-45 mm
giganteus: 73-90 mm

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
The genus Hormetica doen´t exist, now it´s called Lucihormetica.

Your roach is a L. verrucosa or L. seabrai:)
Only the species in which males have two yellow spots were supposedly moved to luci. Most Hormetica are still Hormetica no matter what taxonomic system you follow.