Which ones are the "bad " mites

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Seems I have a small amount of pin head sized white mites in with a couple of my T's. They T's are in new set-ups so I'm going to try to dry the mites out first. My questions is : What do the "bad " mites look like ?

A pic would be great !

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
nope..thats as far as i can zoom in with the one lens i have. :wall:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I dont have a picture but I will say that any mites in my book warrent a change of substrate.

Mites are there because they are getting food from something, something that is more often then not the dead remains of food you have offered the T. How good are you about removing prey remains after the T is done feeding?

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I dont have a picture but I will say that any mites in my book warrent a change of substrate.

Mites are there because they are getting food from something, something that is more often then not the dead remains of food you have offered the T. How good are you about removing prey remains after the T is done feeding?
Not good enough obviously...

Most of my T's catch their prey, and retire to their hides to eat. I'd have to tear apart the hides to get at any remains, and I don't usually see any.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well if its not a huge explosion of mites drying the tank out will kill them off, they need moisture to live. So try that and just keep your eye out. If you see the numbers start getting out of control then just change the substrate and start fresh.