3 B.albopilosum
1 B.smithi

what would be a next T i should get?

James

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
James,
Well, it depends on what you're looking for. If you want a t that you can handle, or a more feisty one. I suggest:
*P. scrofa
* G. aureostriatum
* G. pulchra
* A. anax
*A. chalcodes

Gillian

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A. geniculata... not bashful, nice looking, nice size, and a healthy appetite.

C. cyaneopubesnens... colorful, nice webbing, bullet-proof (to quote Code Monkey), and if you get it as a sling, you get to see it's appearance change with nearly every molt.

L. parahybana... impressive size without the problematic molts of the T. blondi and nice growth rate... although I've not seen that yet.

Personally, I'd got with all three to save on shipping.

Botar

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You're a youngin aren't you? Your parents really don't mind all the tarantulas?

Well, I too think the genic is a pretty good choice. I've had one for a while now. When they are young, they grow like weeds! For the first 3 or 4 or 5 molts, my jaw dropped every time when I saw the difference in size. For the past couple of molts, though, I haven't noticed too much of a difference in size growth. I'm not sure if I would ever get another one though. There are other ts that look similar, but are brighter such as L. crista (which would get you a lasiadora) and the Brazilopelma colloratvillosum (This might not be the current scientific name -- it might be Nhandu (It went from one to the other, and I don't know off the top of my head, which way.).).

I noticed that you have an arborial and some terrestrials. Maybe it would be cool to get a burrower and/or webber.

You definately have the webber covered with the chromatapelma cyanopubecens!

I think A. seemani is a good burrower to start off with.

Good Luck,

Big Dragonfly

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

yes i am a youngin at 12, i have straight A', my G.P.A(Grade Point Average) is a 4.00 the highest, and my parents feel i am responsible enough to have t's, and also if they are not harmful to us!

James

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Re: hey

Originally posted by Tarantula Lover
yes i am a youngin at 12, i have straight A', my G.P.A(Grade Point Average) is a 4.00 the highest, and my parents feel i am responsible enough to have t's, and also if they are not harmful to us!

James
Good For You! Keep up the hard work, it surely will pay off later!

Big Dragonfly

King_Looey

Arachnoprimate
Old Timer
here's what order i got mine.

1, Curly hair (Brachypelma albopilosum)
2, Chilean rose (Grammastola rosea)
3, Goliath birdeater (Theraphosa blondi)
4, Indian ornamental (Poecilotheria regalis)

It was a big jump, from Chilean rose to such aggressive and large species, but i have been around Tarantulas since the age of 5. This should give you a few ideas though.

I recommend the curly hair, these can grow super FAT!!! They eat like pigs, are nice to look at, and very docile. They are also cheap to buy, easy to house and easy to find. Mine is the favourate in my collection.