Which one?!

cold blood

Staff member
Okay fine I'll get all three lol. Nah jk I can't. I will save up for the g pulchripes. Hopefully I can get $20 in time
Yes you can, just don't spend the extra on sexed juvies....for $40 you could spend one just one, you could likely have multiples of all three as slings....all are enjoyable to raise as slings as they are all good eaters with a fairly decent growth rate, especially the lp....I wouldn't buy a lasiodora unless it was a sling to be honest..

cold blood

Staff member
Wow, I always underestimate the prices of tarantulas in the USA... Slings of those species here cost like three beers in a bar

Its actually the exact same here...none of these 3 specimens would cost you more than $10 as a sling, probably less actually if you looked around. Heck if the op lived near WI I would hand him some pulchripes...and I'd bet there is a dozen people with giant LP sacs that would jump at the chance to give some away as well...lp slings are about as valuable as grains of sand on a beach.

Andy00

Arachnoknight
If u find anyone that's willing to just give me LP slings then tell me haha

Vezon

Arachnopeon
If u find anyone that's willing to just give me LP slings then tell me haha
I've had people at shows give me free slings (B. albo and LP) because I bought a few other slings off of them and they were just wanting to get rid of them. You'll be hard pressed to see someone online give away 1 free sling though because it would still cost like $40 in shipping and would be way more hassle than it is worth. When you go to a show, always feel free to ask for a bundle deal at discounted prices.

beaker41

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If you're going to get a 2" juvie id say get a pulchripes as they're certainly the slowest growing of the three. Lp's grow like wildfire and get every bit as big as chacos but either of those will be highly visible. The albos tend to burrow and hide more, though they do come out at night regularly. Albos are fairly quick growing too, so your best value in a 2" er is the chaco imo. Raising slings is easy, you've just got higher mortality to deal with , so you never buy just one!

borotasinisa

Arachnopeon
Its actually the exact same here...none of these 3 specimens would cost you more than $10 as a sling, probably less actually if you looked around. Heck if the op lived near WI I would hand him some pulchripes...and I'd bet there is a dozen people with giant LP sacs that would jump at the chance to give some away as well...lp slings are about as valuable as grains of sand on a beach.
I misunderstood, 2 inches seemed very small but when I think about it... Metric system...

Andy00

Arachnoknight
So I got an LP sling (about 1.5") and he or she is pretty cute. Already ate a mealworm and is making some cool hides. He/she really likes to move all the substrate and moss around the deli cup to accommodate her home. Pretty active at night or just when it's dark but he/she quickly hides under a leaf once I turn on the light. I can't seem to find the bolus of her mealworm, does it really matter?

crlovel

Arachnopeon
So I got an LP sling (about 1.5") and he or she is pretty cute. Already ate a mealworm and is making some cool hides. He/she really likes to move all the substrate and moss around the deli cup to accommodate her home. Pretty active at night or just when it's dark but he/she quickly hides under a leaf once I turn on the light. I can't seem to find the bolus of her mealworm, does it really matter?
I always take out dead stuff so it doesn't rot.

Your lp hides? Mine has a choice of hides, more than enough room for burrowing, and it never uses any of them. She thinks her hides are for sitting on top of. The lp may not be the prettiest of spiders, but it makes up for its looks with its personality and boldness. And I don't think I've ever heard of an lp being a pet hole.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Mine leaves it in or near the waterdish for me,lol. You'll find it unless she burrows it

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
crlovel, post: 2441118, member: 62036"]I always take out dead stuff so it doesn't rot.

Your lp hides? Mine has a choice of hides, more than enough room for burrowing, and it never uses any of them. She thinks her hides are for sitting on top of. The lp may not be the prettiest of spiders, but it makes up for its looks with its personality and boldness. And I don't think I've ever heard of an lp being a pet hole.
Some hide when they are young,and come out more as they grow older.

cold blood

Staff member
A bolus from a single mealworm is difficult to find. When they're that size, they should grow out of the deli cup before its an issue...just pull out what you can find, don't fret if you can't find every one or even many. waxworms for example, leave no bolus that I have ever been able to discern. Meal worm boli are tiny orange balls. They can be small enough you may not even recognize them as a bolus.

In general, the bigger the t, the bigger the prey, the bigger the bolus...the bigger the bolus, the bigger the issue is with not cleaning it up.

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
They are all good choices. B. albopilosum is arguably one of the most underrated species available. They may not have flashy colours or striking patterns, but they are so easy to take care of.

LP & G. pulchripes will both get quite large compared to other species. I have an 8.25" MF LP, and an approximately 4-4.5" JF pulchripes, and of the two, I prefer the pulchripes for the colouration, although it is vey cool to watch my LP lumber around her enclosure. :)

Andy00

Arachnoknight
They are all good choices. B. albopilosum is arguably one of the most underrated species available. They may not have flashy colours or striking patterns, but they are so easy to take care of.

LP & G. pulchripes will both get quite large compared to other species. I have an 8.25" MF LP, and an approximately 4-4.5" JF pulchripes, and of the two, I prefer the pulchripes for the colouration, although it is vey cool to watch my LP lumber around her enclosure. :)
When did u get your lp? What size did it change colors at from sling to juvenile?

cold blood

Staff member
When did u get your lp? What size did it change colors at from sling to juvenile?
lmao, an lp has NO color (can you say "boring").....but like most decently sized ts, 1.5-2" is when they begin to look like little adults.

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
My big girl was already full grown (got her at the 8 inch mark) when I bought her. All I can say, however, is that she molted about three months after I got her, and her fresh black appearance was quite a change from the brownish hue she had prior to molting.

crlovel

Arachnopeon
I agree that the lp is not the prettiest of tarantulas. However, their impressive size and docile temperament alone make this a must-have.