Which one?

Qua2g

Arachnopeon
Which one should i get first? and Why?

1inch C. Marshalli or 2-2.5cm L. Parahybana?

Last edited:

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Doesn't 1 inch basically add up to 2.5 cm?

I'd get the marshalli because they're just a more unique, interesting spider. It will grow faster than the LP but will also max out a couple of years before the LP does and only at about half the size. I also really enjoy the burrowing behavior of some of these baboons. They make intricate burrows with multiple entrances and are constantly changing them up. LP's just, yaknow, sit there and maybe move some dirt from here to there and back.

Also, Ceratogyrus have horns. Horns! Is that cool or what? Oh, and they like things pretty dry too. They're not bulletproof quite like an OBT but they're still pretty dang hardy. LP, although fairly tough themselves, do need a bit more care in terms of humidity.

Last edited:

Qua2g

Arachnopeon
acutally im planning to get both but im thinking which one i should get first. :D
thanks for the comment. more please. :D

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well, here in the states the marshalli is a much less common species. You can find LP's anywhere so i'd jump on the oppurtunity to get a C. marshalli while I could. I don't know what is and isn't rare in the Phillipines though. I guess you're a little closer to Africa than Brazil so...

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
L.p. You will have a huge spider in less than a year!
Maybe if he gets a male... I think people overestimate LP growth rate. I got a 1/2" LP (turned out female) 3 years ago who is about 4.5" now.

I think a smaller, high strung, short live baboon species will reach adulthood well before an LP will. Both are awesome spiders though, don't get me wrong.

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Which one should i get first? and Why?

1inch C. Marshalli or 2-2.5cm L. Parahybana?
C. Marshalli is my choice.... it all depends on your pref... like what moltar said ... lp's comes dime a dozen... but the C marshalli.. are very unique.... also if you like em big id go with lp....

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Maybe if he gets a male... I think people overestimate LP growth rate. I got a 1/2" LP (turned out female) 3 years ago who is about 4.5" now.

I think a smaller, high strung, short live baboon species will reach adulthood well before an LP will. Both are awesome spiders though, don't get me wrong.
I got a .5 in L.p on 4-14-09 and it last molted 2-18-10 and was sexed via molt as female and is pushing 6 inches that is a little slower than the male i raised last year, he was 8 in inside a year and about a month, but still a very good growth rate. I might also lean towards the baboon just because i have not had one, i might have to add a T to the wishlist! Its the horn!

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Also, Ceratogyrus have horns. Horns!
Enough said.

Our C. darlingi is one of my favourite Ts. She's been in premolt for a billion years it seems, so she's not very interesting right now. When she's not in premolt though, she's voracious, mean and premolt or not - absolutely gorgeous. I love all species of Ceratogyrus and I plan on expanding more into it this summer.

Cass

Mvskokee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ceratogyrus is my favorite group. Gotta love the horned baboon. I will have them all one day.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I got a .5 in L.p on 4-14-09 and it last molted 2-18-10 and was sexed via molt as female and is pushing 6 inches that is a little slower than the male i raised last year, he was 8 in inside a year and about a month, but still a very good growth rate.
Sheesh, I must need to up my feeding regimen. Are you gut-loading your feeders with radioactive waste or something?

thanks for the replies. imma get my c.marshalli by next week :D
A fine choice! :clap::clap::clap:

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Moltar..........

Did you NOT watch the movie EIGHT LEGGED FREAKS :?

LOL {D I love that movie!

I am going 2 side-bust here, and inform: That my 9" LP is in Molting process...

Largest webbing that I have ever Seen :eek: I wont disturb.........So......

...will Post Pics in a few weeks or so.......when she comes out :}

Hard 2 wait :wall: - Jason