Which one to choose?

drurymercy

Arachnosquire
Oh my gosh I wanted a specificc species but now I have a big cart going😂 I’m pretty confident on terrestrials I’ve never tried fossorials yet and just got an arboreal a few weeks ago then brought home another the A Metallica with a bad grip. But I’m loving these arboreals so I’m deciding between Amazonius cf. burgessi, or a Tapinauchenius sp. violaceus. What do u guys think? Pros and cons between the 2 or can I not go wrong with either choice?

Mustafa67

Arachnosquire
Oh my gosh I wanted a specificc species but now I have a big cart going😂 I’m pretty confident on terrestrials I’ve never tried fossorials yet and just got an arboreal a few weeks ago then brought home another the A Metallica with a bad grip. But I’m loving these arboreals so I’m deciding between Amazonius cf. burgessi, or a Tapinauchenius sp. violaceus. What do u guys think? Pros and cons between the 2 or can I not go wrong with either choice?
Whatever you want. Search the forum, tons of info about these Ts

drurymercy

Arachnosquire
Whatever you want. Search the forum, tons of info about these Ts
Hahaha I have been I saw the coolest video of a C versicolor swimming!! I have one of those in my cart also! I was intimidated by arboreals for the longest time but they are so much fun to watch and I’m loving seeing how ppl build their enclosures!! I got a ton of fake leaves and plants. lol my terrestrials just bulldoze everything so their enclosures don’t get to look as pretty😂 but I will search some more on just these 2 specific species see what else I can find!! Thank you!! I was just searching arboreals I didn’t even think to search their specific species

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I think you should care for a slow arboreal for a WHILE before moving on to new more advanced species

fcat

Arachnolord
Arachnosupporter
I would save the tappie for later. Very very fast and skittish.

zsiciarz

Arachnosquire
Looking at pics and reading more threads I decided on the A burgessi!! Such a pretty tarantula!!
Also super fast, no different than a Tapinauchenius. Be prepared to collect her from the ceiling if she wants to bolt.

drurymercy

Arachnosquire
Also super fast, no different than a Tapinauchenius. Be prepared to collect her from the ceiling if she wants to bolt.
I will be!! It just seemed they were a little less defensive. But I know each spider is different so I guess we will see!!

gabrieldezzi

Arachnosquire
I think you should care for a slow arboreal for a WHILE before moving on to new more advanced species
Agreed. I took care of Aviculariinae for a little over a year before jumping to Psalmopoeus. My Avic is fiesty too lol

The time needed is different for everyone though! If the idea of a rehouse of that species fills you with anxiety and fear, then you aren't ready.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Agreed. I took care of Aviculariinae for a little over a year before jumping to Psalmopoeus. My Avic is fiesty too lol

The time needed is different for everyone though! If the idea of a rehouse of that species fills you with anxiety and fear, then you aren't ready.
Smart

drurymercy

Arachnosquire

Well I got my order and Tom gave me a P victori for a freebie! So I’m happy!!!! Here’s my new haul! lol but man tinier then I expected but the C versicolor little jumped and rolled on its cricket and my little freebie sprinted and chased his!! I love how arboreals go after their food!! Thank u everyone for your advice I really appreciate it since u have all done this for so long and with all types I really respect everyone here💕

Attachments