Which form of T albo do you like more?

F1tarantula

Arachnopeon
So my first t which I still own is a t albo Nicaragua form. Pretty clear she was one from the start, since she is super fluffy and is also very silver, almost shiny. I have noticed that T albo hobby form have been recommended more for beginner species (well I haven't seen many people have T albo Nicaragua form on lists for beginner tarantulas). Aside from this, which form do you like more? Since I own a t albo Nicaragua arm, I like them more. IMG_1754.jpeg

(older photo)

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
So my first t which I still own is a t albo Nicaragua form. Pretty clear she was one from the start, since she is super fluffy and is also very silver, almost shiny. I have noticed that T albo hobby form have been recommended more for beginner species (well I haven't seen many people have T albo Nicaragua form on lists for beginner tarantulas). Aside from this, which form do you like more? Since I own a t albo Nicaragua arm, I like them more. View attachment 442089

(older photo)
I have both, Honduran and Nicaraguan and...both are mature males.

My Honduran matured at 6 inches dls and my Nicaraguan at 5 inches dls.

I love them both but my Nicaraguan is a more beautiful T over the Honduran.

My Nicarguan has a better more calm disposition but the Honduran always had a defensive disposition even when younger and smaller. It's maintained that same temperament up to until it molted into a MM. It's defense was to always threat pose or bite never kick urticating setae.

Either way I care about them equally. The Honduran was my first tarantula I purchased in Dec. 2019 so it will always have that sentimental attachment for me.

CrazyOrnithoctonineGuy

Arachnoknight
The Nicaraguan form, for two reasons:
- It's definitely the real deal, while the Honduran form-at least for those in the trade-could easily be a hybrid, a separate species, or a separate species that became hybridized in the hobby.
- It just looks a lot more attractive.

SkittleBunny

Arachnosquire
Nicaraguan. That's what I used to specialize in - keeping the gene pool on the "pure" side and less of the hobby form or hybrids.

My 9+ year old female Mitzy is a nicaraguan and looked like yours a few years ago. She's pretty old-looking and considerably "dusty", but she is also due for a molt again. It's been about 17 months since her last molt.

Interesting to watch them dull out over time. The black/silver is always more bold to the eye in my opinion.