• Asian Chevron (C.paganus)

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Bermese Black (H.aureopilosum)

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
I will be getting a trinidad chevron soon!!(YES!!=D ) Now I am still allowed to get 2 more T's for my BIRTHDAY!(2/20/03) so here is a few burrowers i have for you to help me choose 2!

Thanks,

James

dilleo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well it might be kinda hard, but if you can get your hands on some phoneyusa they are the best burrowers I've ever!

-Jeremy

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I voted for the aureopilosum, but I wouldn't get any of those....no.... I would go out and get another Ephebopus !! :D

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
James, do not get the H.gigas without alot more experience. They are quite agressive and would like nothing more than to bite you, and they get very big.

Mark

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
My votes go to the H. aureopilosum, and H. gigas I love my haplopelmas, and am getting the H. gigas soon as my tank is done for them. The H. gigas while reputed to be very defensive, might make for a fun project if you make a tank like I described in the thread about them.

Just be careful, I know you said in the past you have smaller siblings, and are quite young yourself.

Bill

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
dont forget

i can get 2! Which 2????? and anyways, If I get 2 you think I should get then they would be slings anyways! Thanks,

James

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'd suggest the zebra....they're wonderful T's, fairly docile and pretty too. They're also easy to care for in my opinion.

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I agree with the H. Gigas; I mean don't get one. I hated it when people told me this crap at your age, but truly...for how old you are they just don't deserve it. I'm worried about their wellbeing just as much as yours. I can just see you trying to water it or re-do something in the encloser and getting knuckled-raped. I'd go for the A. seemani, (I have one and she's wanderful) and something else that is not quite as aggressive.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
I voted A.seemanii. One of the more underrated Ts in my books.

Cheers,
Dave

dilleo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Don't listen to them, get the biggest damn gigas you can find!

-Jeremy

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm caring 2 gigas slings and they don't seem to be aggressive yet :). yeah James.. you should get a gigas or a Cyriopagopus paganus.

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I agree that if it is a sling sure. Take Theraposa's advice from someone who has all babes...hehe. Nah, for real though, if you do get a sling then it'd be gravy in my opinion...just be sure you can care for it rightly. By the time they grow old enough to pose a threat, you'll be mature enough (in the trade I mean) to handle them. (not literally handle, but you know what I mean.) And in reply to Dilleo... ;P ppppsssshhhhH!!! lol.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Get the gigas,
You'll never even try to hold it, if its large..
Chances are you'll never see it .
But you'll know you have it..:D
Mine's name is Bad Ass, because it is. Its 5 1/2" and growing fast.
The only way to see it is looking through the tank. I got lucky and its burrow runs along the side, so I can use a flashlite to look in on it.
I have a gigas sling that I can hold when I can catch it on top of its burrow. If you want a big time digger get a H. gigas..IMO :D

Ernie

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I would definately get a Haplopelma aureopilosum! (Lightning fast, which in addition to its reported viciousness, is why I might actually recommend the seemani over this)

After that, either the A. seemani (be sure to get costa rican strain if you want the base color to be black, otherwise it will be brown (I think)). This is a very striking tarantula! I agree that it is very underappreciated in this hobby. I didn't appreciate it for a long time! You might actually put this ahead of the H. aureopilosum.

OR

Get a E. murinus (skelleton tarantula). This is just plain gorgeous. It is similar to seemani in appearance -- supposedly with an attitude fitting of a Haplopelma though.

However, make sure you understand that you will rarely ever see your burrower. Since you don't have a terrestrial webber, why don't you get 1 burrower and 1 webber?

I suggest C. cyanopubecens (greenbottle blue), C. fasciatum (Costa Rican Tiger Rump), or P. murinus orange form (Usambara Baboon).

I got an email from Kelly Swift last week stating that he just hatched a sac o' greenbottle blues. They're not on his site yet, but I think he told me they would be 25 bucks a pop.

Good Luck
BD

Last edited:

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
How about a B. vagans? I'm pretty sure that it is an opportunistic burrower and not an obbligate burrower. Mine likes to hang out in a burrow, but I get to see it plenty.

The coloration is pretty simple, but geez, the beauty... Seriously though, I have heard others state that their beauty just cannot be truly appreciated by looking at a picture. I totally agree! Mine just got done molting a few hours ago. I will put up a new picture as soon as I get a good one of it stretching out!

Mine is totally sweet too. I hold it and it will even let me scoop it up. It has never threatened me!

BD

Oh yeah, and they are really inexpensive!