Which Arboreal should i get??

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
in december i am allowed to get a T, which of the following ts are the one i should get?

1. P.ornata
2. P.formosa
3. P.regalis
4. A.versicolor
5. C.cyaneopubesens
or do you have any other suggestions?

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well, the greenbottle blue isn't arboreal so you might want to rethink that list :)

Of the remaining four, I'd go versicolor but more because I don't care for pokies than anything necessarily making it better than the others.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Pokies are a handful but if you're up to it, I'd say go with the P. ornata. They tend to get the biggest out of the group of Pokes you listed.
The C. cyanopubescens is a great T.. Great colors but they're more of a semi-arboreal. In their natural surroundings, (Venezuelan scrublands) they make their homes under the shelter of large cactus. (cacti?)
A. versicolor has a reputation for being difficult to raise. Mainly due to bad molts. If you can get your hands on a juvie or sub-adult, you'd be set. They don't usually came cheap at that size though.

Atrax

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think you should go for the Versicolor because you do not have much experience and they are beautiful spiders that are not too much to handle. The Pokies are also beautiful though. THey are my next acquisition but I have the experience.

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Go for the Green Bottle Blue...

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens would be a good choice. They're nicely priced and easy to keep. And they're colorful.
They are extremely tolerant of dry conditions.
Don't rule out some others too.
Acanthoscurria geniculata, is a great choice, my first pick for the newer crowd.
Lasiodora parahybana, as well.
You want to feel the rush of a swift arboreal?
Try Psalmopoeus cambridgei, or if you're heart is set on a Poke, go for P. regalis. They're a tad more tolerant of humidity difference and in my experience the least bitey of the genus.
john