Where to order H Arizonensis

mr crab

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks in advance for your help. I need a good reputable online place to order this scorp from. Must take credit cards and fast shipping would be a plus. Also what kinds of sand could I put him on?

mr crab

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok. They are 20 bucks each and the min order is 40 dollars.
Would 2 of them fight to the death in the same tank or would they get along with enough hides? Maybe I could get 2 and sell 1.

esox76

Arachnopeon
I just ordered one from www.chameleoncounters.com

Ordered Thurs. afternoon and I recieved him Fri. morning EXTREMELY well packed and in perfect condition despite the 10 degree temps. He's definately my favorite scorp!! Big and extremely active! I was going to order from GPE but they have a 40$ min. order.

mr crab

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thanks for the quick reply. Ill check that out.

Edit:
Crap, none in stock there

I might just order 2 and sell 1 locally..... Hmmm who needs a scorp

Last edited:

SpaceHawk

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
He may just let you buy one, he is a nice guy. Beside, having two is better. His shipping is low, which is good. Make sure he puts in a heat pack though. Just ask him, hes a good guy. But like I said....2 is better, acutally, I meant to say, 20 is better (hehe).. :D

mr crab

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok I just ordered 2 and asked for a male-female pair if possible.
Does the heat pack get put in automatically for the express shipping or did I have to specify?

SpaceHawk

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I ordered 6 scorps from him a couple weeks ago and he did not put a heat pack in. I thought most people just put them in (as being included in the s/h). I don't know if he forgot, or if he thought it was warm enough or what. But to make sure, tell him to do so. It is always best to have one in if the temps are under 70 I say (mine was a little under 30 that night). I lost one, but the rest are good. Let me know what you think about his packing method when you get them. He is a great guy though and he knows his stuff, these were just some of the concerns I had when I recieved my package...

prang11

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I ordered 5 scorps from him and he didnt put a heat pack in my order either. They all showed up alive. Im pretty sure he guarantees live arival.

mr crab

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think the heat pack is a separate item to add to cart. I should probably go back and add one.

SpaceHawk

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Looks like it. I wasn' t aware that it was seperate. You will for sure need one. Still, he has a good outfit he's running and he does guarantee his animals. Mine died mostly I think to the way it was handled by the Post Office and maybe being cold...I dunno. I like the way Glades Herp packs their animals better (styrofoamed box, large deli cups placed in the middle with the heat pack on top), but I like Darrin's shipping cost more. The scorps I got from Darrin are doing great though.

Last edited:

mr crab

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Id better call them first thing in the morning and get it put in. I cant go back and order it cause of the 40 dollar min order.

I was going to get another Emp today but the pet store was out. Glad I didnt though, Ive been wanting a desert species. I wont have to worry about the humidity+light=mold situation.

How big were the scorps you got (Arizonensis?) Any pics yet.
I cant wait to get them. Its depressing looking at an empty tank :(

Last edited:

SpaceHawk

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I ordered C. Exilicaudas and S.Mesaensis. I don't know the sizes he has for the hairy scorps. They are probably 3 to 4 inchers though.

mr crab

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
He says the packing doesnt require the heatpack and the ones he sells are for later use. Just Fyi incase someone finds this soon to be dead post with a search