Where to buy plexi glass or acrylic lids

Tarantula20

Arachnosquire
Well I just had the experience of having to release a T from the screen lid of my one my 5 gallon tanks so I decided its time to make the switch any Ideas of where I can buy premade ones?
Ps: The T in question was a 6 inch A.geniculata female

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well I just had the experience of having to release a T from the screen lid of my one my 5 gallon tanks so I decided its time to make the switch any Ideas of where I can buy premade ones?
I don't know a soul that makes them pre-made, at least not from a big box store. Your best bet is to make it yourself. Maybe @EricsPlasticShop would make one for you or maybe TCA Exotics

Your T deserves a large container size too.

Tarantula20

Arachnosquire
K thanks , Ya she will be getting a 10 gallon her next molt. Also are you always on? lol

JohnDapiaoen

Arachnobro
Old Timer
I'd get in contact with TCA exotics. They make custom lids for a fair price in addition to acrylic cages, just be sure to accurately provide the dimensions.

-JohnD.

Geoff Armentrout

Arachnopeon
Petsmart carries hinged glass tops for standard size aquariums and has a plastic slip on back used for cutting notches etc in for filters and air lines, easily drilled for ventilation (not the glass lol).

Good luck,
Geoff

Kajun Ts

Arachnopeon
Jamie's tarantula sales full acrylic in closers and set up for slings juveniles and adults check her out really good prices

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Simple and cheap fix. Remove the top, using clear packer tape, line the perimeter and replace top. I've done this to the only 2 screen topped enclosures I have. Just be sure to apply the tape to the opposite side also.

TarantulasWorld

Arachnosquire
You can easily make one yourself. Simply measure your tank. find the right cut of acrylic...many websites cut it to order. and buy some cheap locking hasps and hinges. it wouldnt cost you more then $15 or so per lid you make.