where can i find scorpions??

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
in your opinion, where is the best place in Arizona/New Mexico to go on a scorpion hunt? :? what time (i'm assuming night-with a black light), and what season or month of the year is best?? i want to at least get a few good ones on an upcoming trip, so lots of info would be helpful!! :D

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm already finding scorps here in Missouri by flipping over rocks so I am sure you can do that where you are. I'm doing it in the daytime btw. You dont have to hunt at night to find 'em

JSN

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Pretty much all over AZ you can find something...I always try to go furthest out into the desert as possible, you dont have to do this, but sometimes you'll find more rare species, etc., but flip rock during the day we'll find you alot of vaejovis sp. and a couple other different species, but blacklighting at night you'll get to find all the burrowing species and stuff...

Arachno Kid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Tcha cant find scorps in AZ ;) (kidding) Rocks,Logs,Cactus Skeletons, anywere you want, be sure to flip the rock backwards first incase a rattlers underneath, try checking after a good rain when the sun comes out, if you find somereallyneat looking wood scorps, take a few pics and stufff, later