When you knew you were ready ?

ines68

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Somebody is selling an adult Theraphosa leblondi here in my country, I only have been with tarantulas for about a month... if I read a lot about this T, and don't touch it, does any of you thinks that it can be dangerous?

Another question, $12 is too much or is ok for this T?

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
are you saying $12 for a T. blondi. that doesn't sound right at all. Goliath Bird Eaters do grow to be 11" in diameter. even if their venom is not 'medically significant' as i believe it is not, think of the size of those fangs.

a deep bite would definitely be serious and could result in lots of bleeding and a bad wound.

if you're new to Ts, i personally wouldn't recommend an adult T. blondi simply because they are so large and tend to be more aggressive.

ines68

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
By the way, it is not that I want an aggressive T, is that in my
country, unless you want to look for them in the jungle, only
you can buy those that once in a while find in some page in Internet, reason why is no much generally where to choose

Thanks... really good answers

Ines

ines68

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by skadiwolf
are you saying $12 for a T. blondi. that doesn't sound right at all. Goliath Bird Eaters do grow to be 11" in diameter. even if their venom is not 'medically significant' as i believe it is not, think of the size of those fangs.

a deep bite would definitely be serious and could result in lots of bleeding and a bad wound.

if you're new to Ts, i personally wouldn't recommend an adult T. blondi simply because they are so large and tend to be more aggressive.
Thanks... that is the answer that I was looking for... yes the Goliath Bird Eaters that I was thinking to buy is right now 7", and the price is $12 (this species is native here)

Thanks again

Ines

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
well, as for the T. blondi i have NO idea what they go for in your country. :)

here, however, that size i believe would go for more around $200 or so.

that might be a perfectly reasonable price for one there but without doing more research i would be hesitant to purchase it. if that's a low price they may be selling it because it is highly aggressive or something like that.

good luck again! :) perhaps some of the dealers here can suggest a dealer or something over there to you. maybe that would help you in your quest for Ts, docile or otherwise.

ines68

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks... I am going to wait a few months before I take the decision to buy or not a Goliath. If anyone know here in Caracas, Venezuela a tarantulas dealer please let me know.. I already have two pinktoes and a greenbottle blue.

And yes, Goliath are from Venezuela... inclusively some of our natives people, the Piaroas eat them (http://www.birdspiders.com/archive/1/0110.htm)

Thanks again

Ines

Last edited: