When is the best time to handle T?

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Stop spreading your lies, bryverine. All my charanchulas come when called. They have a highly developed ganglion that allows them to comprehend anthropomorphism.
-Amoeba
:rofl:
Better add a troll emoji to be clear kid, wouldn't want anyone to think it is true ;)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
NEVER

If you want a pet you can handle, get a dog or a leopard gecko, or a snake.

Whomever told you handling was OK, is likely severely misinformed.

Handling a tarantula is a GREAT way to kill it. We see this happening time and time again.

Brucejeffcott

Arachnopeon
Approximately 2 days after forever...

Jokes aside, you shouldn't really handle them, it stresses them out and some Rosies are prone to "mood swings"as it is.
I disagree. its an old thread... but they either let you or they don't. its that simple. humans complicate things. lol they have been around for millions of years. to them stress is a rain fall or if you are pissing them off. easy peasy. if you give them the right conditions to live, good feeding and habitat and it wants to climb out on your hand.... then it obviously don't care. I will warn though doing so carelessly can cause a fatal fall. Also you have to "know" your T before you attempt to handle!!

Last edited:

Leila

Arachnobaron
That took me a bit to process.

I never liked him. I really don't like what I see there either.
Darkness, love:
J Fallon did NOT want those Ts on him. The 'expert' placed them on Fallon against Fallon's will. It really was not okay for the guy to do. I saw the video and was annoyed af.

I have so many friends who have made the following statement: "Pleeeeease don't bring your spiders out when I come to your house!!!!" :stop: It pisses me off for two reasons.
1: I am not going to take them out, regardless of a guest coming to my home or not.
2: I would never be disrespectful to a guest who is terrified of spiders anyway.

@darkness975 :kiss:

clive 82

Arachnoknight
I disagree. its an old thread... but they either let you or they don't. its that simple. humans complicate things. lol they have been around for millions of years. to them stress is a rain fall or if you are pissing them off. easy peasy. if you give them the right conditions to live, good feeding and habitat and it wants to climb out on your hand.... then it obviously don't care. I will warn though doing so carelessly can cause a fatal fall. Also you have to "know" your T before you attempt to handle!!
Yeah like that cute little dog over there will let you pat it until it suddenly turns aggressive & rips your hand off.
It happens with Ts, they can suddenly turn quicker than you could ever react.
Why risk it?