when is enough, enough?

bloodred1889

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hi again, this is my third thread on my obt...
my first was on if she was molting funny, then i wandered if she was deing or molting..

well now thismorning i found her with most of her legs curled under her and pretty much gave up.. i had to go to college though so i left her in the icu tub..

i just got home now.. 6 hours later and she was in the same position.. so as i thought she was dead i picked her up.. nothing she didnt move she just floped about and i was about to go freeze her or somthing when she lifeted her leg!
shes still alive! but she cant be still trying to molt because her carpace hasnt moved or anything,

now im worried shes suffering and am wondering if i should wait more or just put her out of her missery..

and if so whats the best way.

thanks all for your help.
:(

mitchell123

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What species is it? Some are more resitant too stressfull things , but from what i have read it doesn't look too good.

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
not trying to repeat myself but my g. rosea layed curled in the corner for 2 weeks. all the sudden she was up and back to normal. never figured out what was up with her. if she's still moving i would give her a few days. cant hurt anything to wait.

bloodred1889

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
its an orange baboon tarantula.. i wount say it was stressed.. it was fine and i didnt do anything different.. then it started deteriorating.

im ok to wait 2 weeks while it may or may not get better, but if its suffering then its prob best to do somthing..
if its dehidrated its been in a damp tub for a whole night and day now.. all i can do is try give it more water.. but i dont want to stress it out if im gonna try and save it.

im just really confused as to what could have caused this..

but now its legs are moving and twitching slightly...

monitormonster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That's really sad that there's not much you can do for it....too bad there arent many arachnid vets out there....

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i give it 1/ week if its the same then i put it in the freezer just see how it is i think you will know when its time is up ---- phil

tarantulas.com

Arachnopeon
last ditch

For a last ditch effort, you can try to place her in a container w/ no substrate and submerge her mouth in a tiny pool of water. This may drown your spider, but I have had it work a few times on dehydrated pokies and avics. Good luck, but remember, if it doesn't work it will probably kill her.

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
For a last ditch effort, you can try to place her in a container w/ no substrate and submerge her mouth in a tiny pool of water. This may drown your spider, but I have had it work a few times on dehydrated pokies and avics. Good luck, but remember, if it doesn't work it will probably kill her.
T's breathe throught he booklungs found on the abdomen, so drowning won't happen if the mouth is submerged (will never anyway since normal clean water can not penetrate through to the booklungs. Aspyxiation when submerged is possible, but not drowning).