When did you stop naming your tarantulas?

When did you stop naming your Ts?

• After I hit 10 Ts

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • After 20+ Ts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I never named them

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • I never stopped naming them

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • I name random Ts as the names come to me, some are named and some aren't

Votes: 38 33.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 9 7.8%

• Total voters

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
1.1.0 A.geniculata --Romeo and Juliette (they were my valentine's day present)
0.0.1 L.p ------------------Tickles
0.0.1 C versicolor---- Fluffy
0.0.1 GBB ----------------Skittles
0.0.1 N chromatas-- Caz

alex346

Arachnopeon
month + year

For example = Oct16

that's what I've done with fish and other small pets... If I get more than one of the same species in the same month, then I just add a digit: Oct162, Oct163, etc.

Charlottesweb17

Arachnopeon
I don't name any of mine, but my mom did take upon herself to name my A. avic and P. vittata "Pinky and Brain" from the cartoon Pinky and the Brain since they're side by side in a split tank. Pretty fitting and creative if I'm honest lol.
Quite appropriate seeing as how Ts are sneaky and always trying to find a way to escape. Plot plot plot!

Charlottesweb17

Arachnopeon
Bo-my

If shelob isn't the #1 most popular t name aside from rosie, its gotta be in the top 3.

To me a pet recognizes its name, and therefore deserves one. I refer to ts as either specimens or my collection...JMO though.

@Charlottesweb17 , @nicodimus22 , @The Grym Reaper ...

Y'all clearly do not have enough ts in your collection:p Get 200 or more ts and tell me how fun the naming process is.:happy:

=====

For me it was really just the first, and it was named by the goof that I confiscated the t from...he named her Lorena...after Lorena Bobbit, as at the time, that trial had just ended and its verdict was big news. I always hated the name.

Aside from that they are named by scientific names, P. regalis #1, P. regalis #2, and so on....

But there have been a small few where names just kinda happened...My P. cam female is "mayo", simply because she was raised in a mayo container. My Avic sling (which would otherwise be A. avic sling #1, is named Johnny 2 legs...because its first molt was a bad one and when I extracted it, it was left with just 2 legs....gotta keep that one, right. My LV is F#@* you...because she's so skittish and irritable that its what I end up saying every time I look at her and she disappears instantly.

I have no time or need for names, but occasionally there's an exception for me.
I am getting more Ts actually! They will all have names. I label all my Ts with their names so I know who is who.

volcanopele

Arachnosquire
My husband is so disappointed, he just got two smithis that he named Steve and Roger Smithi (if you know American Dad), and the names will make no sense when the change occurs. :rofl:
If it helps, I have a LD I thought was an kluge that I named Wanda (long story short, the name is tangentially related to the common name for the L. klugi). Anyway, I ended up getting a klugi sling and named it Wanda Jr. Now Wanda's name has nothing to do with her species name now that I'm 90% sure she's a difficilis, and I have a sling named Wanda Jr. that isn't the same species as Wanda...

houston

Arachnopeon
I only have 2 T's, which I've named (Kravitz, a B. smithi/homorii, and Taako, a G. pulchripes), but since I focus mainly on roaches which I can't possibly name all of. The stand out individuals get names (like Big Boy, a particularly hungry G. oblongata), but I have hundreds of inverts without names haha.
Any noncolony inverts get names when they come to me. I have a D. tityus grub I got the other day, and need to find a good name for...

Lokee85

Arachnoknight
If it helps, I have a LD I thought was an kluge that I named Wanda (long story short, the name is tangentially related to the common name for the L. klugi). Anyway, I ended up getting a klugi sling and named it Wanda Jr. Now Wanda's name has nothing to do with her species name now that I'm 90% sure she's a difficilis, and I have a sling named Wanda Jr. that isn't the same species as Wanda...
I have two C. versicolor slings coming that I was considering naming Wednesday and Pugsley because my husband and I have two A. avics named Gomez and Morticia, but since the avicularia revision, that no longer makes sense. I'm now considering something like Jekyll and Hyde or Rava and Vatu.... Something twinsy, preferably horror related (although Rava and Vatu would just be keeping with Avatar-influenced names that my family has for other pets).

Cheo Samad

Arachnopeon
I named my first G pulchripes and then abandoned the name after like 2 weeks. Now everything is called by the scientific name unless it's going insane, in which case it is soothingly referred to as 'babygirl' regardless of sex or size.

Kayis

Arachnopeon
I simply don't name them since i'm terrible at it and won't remember. Like others I just add numbers if I happen to have multiples.

Reest

Arachnopeon
I have two and haven't named either one.
It's not that I don't want to I just suck at coming up with names. I guess I'll think of something once they get a little bigger.

cold blood

Staff member
Um... but I didn't. There's a poll and one of the options is "never stopped naming". I just thought I would reply why, that's all. To each their own. But thanks for your opinion :rolleyes:
ummm, but you did....go back to the second page....i made a long post, and you clicked "disagree"

TyjTheMighty

Arachnosquire
ummm, but you did....go back to the second page....i made a long post, and you clicked "disagree"
Did I? It was by accident then ._. Sorry. I hit the wrong emoticon on this site sometimes and I have to go by and change it several times. I'm a klutz when it comes to my phone... and everything else if I'm being honest.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think i only named my 1st two ts (lunchbox and queso) .. once i realized they aren't exactly cute cuddly pets, and that theyd never love me or admire me back, i kind of got over the name thing.

In fact, i just had this conversation with the kids about a week ago when i returned to the hobby. I told them they could name the tarantulas if they wanted to but only because thats what makes thr hobby more interesting to them

cold blood

Staff member
Did I? It was by accident then ._. Sorry. I hit the wrong emoticon on this site sometimes and I have to go by and change it several times. I'm a klutz when it comes to my phone... and everything else if I'm being honest.
Phones are tough to deal with on forums sometimes...it happens...I was just curious...thanks for clearing it.

ThisMeansWAR

Arachnosquire
I stopped after four T's. At 25 now :) But these first four are special. Molotov the Flameknee, Cruella the Genic, CMYK the gbb and Shaniqua the A. Francki