when Argyrodes sp. fails

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Those two pics together ...like art man! Great pics ...I think it was Andrew(?) that threw out that challenge? ..and you ups it with the extra drama. :p :clap:

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
what challenge?
Oh... I thought I read a post from Andrew or someone saying they would love to see an image of the little thief next to her silvery host. Must be in your other thread about your setup. ;)

BTW.. Andrew and I took a quick out of the blue road trip down towards Pulk and met him at a McDonald's for a little trade session. (Nesh ...sorry should have grabbed ya for the trip, but I was trying to affect the least amount of persons if my horrible case of flakiness acted up again. ;) next trip I wont neglect to call ya. )

Funny... we hung around McMeat's for something like 2 hrs looking at spiders we brought for trade. The crew was checkin us out ...probably either thought we were blatantly dealing narcotics or crazy dorks dealin' spiders. Eitherway..the guy sweeping kept looking over... what the heck are those guys doing? :D :D

Pulk brought me some sacs from two species of Argyrodes ...the specie in his pic above and a brown flavor. Plus a couple adult brown Argyrodes, a few Argiope argentata, and a geo or few.
Been so busy Ive neglected to prepare at least one good spot in my studio for an argentata, but they are doing very well (though cramped) in some plastic containers. (not how I like keeping orbs ...thats why I dont normally keep them ;) ) But, these are for keeping another specie alive and happy. Oh...though they are the most silvery silvers I have seen ...like someone hit em with a can of Krylon. :cool:

The sacs hatched ...at least one of the brown flavor and the black one. The brown slings are very small and blackys are tiny. Now just trying to figure out the best way to keep them going. Ive been putting fruitflys in a small container and shaking it hard tell the flies are severely retarded, then placing them into the sling webbing. At the very least some slings have been feeding and I dont see any deaths ...maybe one or two, but overall so far so good.

One of the adults got caught by her host, but the other is going strong.

Heres a crappy pic...

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
yeah, the silveriness of those specimens was almost unbelievable.

you know what it reminds me of? the reflective tape that joggers put on their shoes and jackets.

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeah, the silveriness of those specimens was almost unbelievable.

you know what it reminds me of? the reflective tape that joggers put on their shoes and jackets.
Pulk, do they create a zig-zag pattern in their web? Mine are not able to make nice big orbs so I cant go by what Im observing.
I was thinking that the silver coloring may replace the need for the zig-zag light reflection pattern that many of the big Argiopes make. ...or add to it.

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Pulk, do they create a zig-zag pattern in their web?
yes. (stabilimenta)
Mine are not able to make nice big orbs so I cant go by what Im observing.
I was thinking that the silver coloring may replace the need for the zig-zag light reflection pattern that many of the big Argiopes make. ...or add to it.
has to be choice #2. ;)

zimbu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Too funny man, those are some great shots you took :D.
Kinda sucks about the spider getting eaten though I guess..