When a Spider's Gotta Moult...

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
then they gotta moult.
Picked up a couple of spiderlings from @MeAndMyRosie, aka Victoria, today at the Christmas Pet Show and the little C. perezmilesi decided to moult in the lobby of the International Centre.
We stuck around until they were all the way out and they were doing well by the time I got home.
Thank you so much, Victoria!!
DSC06927-2.jpg
DSC06958-2.jpg
DSC06966-2.jpg

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I need to pick me up one of those. I've been looking at them for a while.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I need to pick me up one of those. I've been looking at them for a while.
My first was a confirmed female C. elegans from Tarantula Canada. She is full grown at around an inch and I hardly ever see her. That's why I rarely post photos of her. I've been told that this species tends to be a bit more visible. They're really adorable, but very reclusive.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Cool, I've been slowing down a bit lately. Mainly waiting till some of these slings and juvies get older and I can see where I am at. 30+ slings at once can be rough. :D

I'm slowly getting them sexed and moved. I've been on hold trying to find good housing for several juvies that needed it really bad.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I have a little more than half of mine who are not in their adult enclosures, but I have a number of males too. It is going to even out a bit over the next couple of years. These dwarfs take up hardly any room as well.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I'm pretty excited about these new enclosures I found. They will work great for terrestrial Ts. I'm going to work on modding one of them for arboreal Ts. They should work for anything 6 inches or less and are deep enough for most burrowers.

I have a few males as well so they will be heading out (if someone needs them) as they mature.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I'm pretty excited about these new enclosures I found. They will work great for terrestrial Ts. I'm going to work on modding one of them for arboreal Ts. They should work for anything 6 inches or less and are deep enough for most burrowers.
I have a few males as well so they will be heading out (if someone needs them) as they mature.
Do you have any photos of the enclosures? I'm just using the plastic shoe boxes, in all three sizes, for my terrestrials and I really like them. I have just gone in with Greg on getting some custom made arboreal cages done locally that are very similar to the Jamie's enclosures. They are very reasonably priced too.
I'm always on the lookout for the perfect enclosure, though. Especially if they are affordable.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Do you have any photos of the enclosures? I'm just using the plastic shoe boxes, in all three sizes, for my terrestrials and I really like them. I have just gone in with Greg on getting some custom made arboreal cages done locally that are very similar to the Jamie's enclosures. They are very reasonably priced too.
I'm always on the lookout for the perfect enclosure, though. Especially if they are affordable.
I wish we had some local peeps to make custom cages. I am looking at doing some of those myself. If I were closer to friends with a table saw I would have most likely went that route.

I posted an Amazon link on the enclosure photo though I'm not sure if you guys can order them up there or not.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I googled acrylic companies and sent off a request for a quote along with a photo and the dimensions. I also put an ad on Kijiji (the Canadian version of Craigslist) with the same information. I got about half a dozen quotes ranging from $70 to $175. I didn't pursue it after that because I wasn't in that much of a rush. I was speaking with @elysium about it, passed along the company information to him, and he picked up where I left off and got an even better quote from one of the original companies. He placed our combined order late last week and they will be ready in three weeks.

elysium

Arachnosquire
I googled acrylic companies and sent off a request for a quote along with a photo and the dimensions. I also put an ad on Kijiji (the Canadian version of Craigslist) with the same information. I got about half a dozen quotes ranging from $70 to $175. I didn't pursue it after that because I wasn't in that much of a rush. I was speaking with @elysium about it, passed along the company information to him, and he picked up where I left off and got an even better quote from one of the original companies. He placed our combined order late last week and they will be ready in three weeks.
Just finished putting my first one together today. The picture really doesn't't do it any justice...

Attachments