When a female is mature?

bokgrasul

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hy all!
I have a sexually mature male of Brachypelma albopilosum.
I found somebody who told me that he can find me a sexually adult female of the same species.
How will I be able to know that this will be a mature female (sexually)??
Because I will pay a lot of money for her, I don't want to see my male wasted because the female is.....underage..

brachymad

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If its carapace size is the same size or larger than the males you should have no problem.

PinkLady

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
IMO...your best bet would be to ask a couple questions regarding the female. Age...size...how many times it's molted and when it's last molt was. That should give you a good idea on the maturity of the T.

bokgrasul

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thank you....so this is obvios!!
My male is sexaully mature.... If the female is a little bit larger than the mature male, than is ok!!
I did't see it :wall:
Thank you!

brachymad

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It only works with species that do not have a big size difference between the sexes. There are quite a few species where the females mature at a vastly larger size than the males. B albopilosum is not such a species so you should have no problems.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i personally think tarantulas mature earlier than the general consensus.

for B. albopilosum i would say you have a good chance of having a sexually mature female when she has 3.5-4" (9-10cm) diagonal legspan. possibly a little smaller than that, even... but at 9-10cm dls i would say you have better than 50% odds it will be receptive to mating and produce an eggsac.