whats your take on black heat bulbs

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm pretty sure people knew what you meant.....pullin ya leg. I've never seen a scorp fluoresce under the moon either. Surely there would be so little uv at night it would have no bearing on the scorpion. Not as far as I can imagine anyway.
A few of us have seen them flourece under the moon on the television, but we couldn't quite figure out if it was outside or a large elaborate studio. Who know's, but I'd believe it when I saw it first hand. But then again, everything you see on the television is true, especially here in America.:razz: :razz: :razz:

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm pretty sure people knew what you meant.....pullin ya leg. I've never seen a scorp fluoresce under the moon either. Surely there would be so little uv at night it would have no bearing on the scorpion. Not as far as I can imagine anyway.
haha...got ya...

Mark Newton

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A few of us have seen them flourece under the moon on the television,

heheh...thats a classic...I'm cracking!!..{D . Unless certain species do it, I've seen thousands of scorpions in the desert on full moon nights and not one that glows. I would love to see it, would that be good...no need for a black light and how easy would it be for the owls and carnivorous marsupials then. I can well imagine the moon glow scorpion to be one very rare type and one that is very nervous. TV..its a wonderful thing. Interesting stuff Ed, thanks for that.

I can tell you though that the closest I've seen to a glowing scorpion without uv light is after having freshly dug them out of their deep sand burrows in spring. They really do look luminous green, its quite amazing. It seems to disappear after a while, but for some reason they really glow, quite amazing and thats in daylight. Nothing to do with uv though I'd say, something to do with water, they are always very distended and well hydrated.

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes Mark, what was seen on the boob tube was more of a glow, but like you said nothing like what a UV would do. And I hope you liked that, I try to crack on mass media production as much as possible. At the rate some of these networks devise these wacky stories, when I have kids and they are my age they will be as useful as meatloaf.