Whats your Lasiodora size ??

Scolopeon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well i will be putting that to the test with a friend

he is of the same opinion, and feeds them huge meals as well as keeps them warmer than me

the spiderlings he got from me are already leagues ahead of the ones i am raising myself, but i do wonder if it will impact their maximum size potential or if it is just a matter of reaching the size first

that said i have 2 females with molts that measured at or above 8", maybe you could strech them to 9" but to me a mesurement only counts if it is done on a molt in a legs spread out, but still natural position

any streching is faking it.

oh, i just saw this post was bumped from years ago... sorry
So still around 9” as shown at the end of the vid.

But 23.4cm “stretched” or as I call it straightened out - since the legs never sit flat unless forced.

IMG_1830.png

It’s her carapace that’s really crazy - 42mm, Saw another guy posted here with an 8.3” + LP - Looks like he didn’t straighten the legs out too, so another around 9” - My girl must be older the carapace looks a lot bigger.

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
nah thats about a solid 8" maybe 8"+ spider in a natural, unflattened position to me, perhaps i have been doing it wrong all along?

edit: upon rewatch id say about 8,5"
certainly larger than mine and especially the carapax, i remeasured it and from the front (without the setae) to the start of the pedicel the carapax only measured 32mm so s massive jump there.
mine are only 8 years old though, so probably ~3 molts behind.

i guess thats why germans dont like to use dls as a measurement, there just isn't a uniform way to measure it.

but its good that he provides a carapax measurement, that may be more easily comparable.

Last edited:

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
well i will be putting that to the test with a friend

he is of the same opinion, and feeds them huge meals as well as keeps them warmer than me

the spiderlings he got from me are already leagues ahead of the ones i am raising myself, but i do wonder if it will impact their maximum size potential or if it is just a matter of reaching the size first

that said i have 2 females with molts that measured at or above 8", maybe you could strech them to 9" but to me a mesurement only counts if it is done on a molt in a legs spread out, but still natural position

any streching is faking it.

oh, i just saw this post was bumped from years ago... sorry
I forgot I even made his tthread it didn’t show up when I searched my old threads 🧵… my 3 biggest lasiodoras are around 5-6” and sub adult size they got lot to grow left . The 7-8” one had a cyst and died . I keep my Lasiodoras skinnier now I think it was obesity caused cyst. But no one really knows ..😢
nah thats about a solid 8" maybe 8"+ spider in a natural, unflattened position to me, perhaps i have been doing it wrong all along?

edit: upon rewatch id say about 8,5"
certainly larger than mine and especially the carapax, i remeasured it and from the front (without the setae) to the start of the pedicel the carapax only measured 32mm so s massive jump there.
mine are only 8 years old though, so probably ~3 molts behind.

i guess thats why germans dont like to use dls as a measurement, there just isn't a uniform way to measure it.

but its good that he provides a carapax measurement, that may be more easily comparable.
wow your lp is massive !
my pampho has a bigger body then my lp But smaller legspan. the lp should get a lot bigger another 2-3”. Mine grow very slow because I don’t really power feed them just a few feedings a month .

Last edited:

crazy8legz

Arachnopeon
My LP is maybe a 1/2 inch it’s molted once for me. I read somewhere this is fast growing but mine is a burrowing bum.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Update my biggest lp molted and was measured around 7” via molt ..
IMG_4118.jpeg IMG_4119.jpeg IMG_4038.jpeg IMG_3921.jpeg IMG_3762.jpeg IMG_3771.jpeg IMG_3766.jpeg IMG_3768.jpeg IMG_3741.jpeg IMG_3761.jpeg

Scolopeon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Another update for you - The carapace is actually 44mm - I didn’t realise she had the old carapace stuck on top and it popped off - Enjoy this is one of the bulkiest spiders you will ever see.

IMG_2703.jpeg IMG_2671.jpeg IMG_2693.jpeg

Her fangs are enormous - Over 1”long

Remember the old depiction of Megarachne in the Walking with Monsters documentary - She looks like that.

IMG_2729.jpeg

Last edited:

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Another update for you - The carapace is actually 44mm - I didn’t realise she had the old carapace stuck on top and it popped off - Enjoy this is one of the bulkiest spiders you will ever see.

View attachment 454650 View attachment 454652 View attachment 454651

Remember the old depiction of Megarachne in the Walking with Monsters documentary - She looks like that.
awsome, i cant wait for mine to reach a similar size/age, hopefully

SpookySpooder

"embiggened"
Arachnosupporter

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter

View attachment 454650 View attachment 454652 View attachment 454651

View attachment 454653
That’s spectacular !! Mine are baby’s compared.
here’s my 6-7” tied for my biggest lp.
IMG_4651.jpeg IMG_4666.jpeg
5-6” lp
IMG_4649.jpeg
two 5-6” Lasiodora difficilis
IMG_4648.jpeg IMG_4650.jpeg

Last edited: