What's your favorite true spider species and why?

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Ive developed a special fondness for zoropsidae and miturgidae. Syspira and Titiotus are awesome :)

Em the bug

Arachnopeon
It's be a toss up between Nephila and Phidippus for me.

I've never kept Nephila, but think they are stunningly beautiful. Also love Phidippus for their looks, as well as the fact that they're just overall adorable.

Mossae

Arachnopeon
Ctenidae are my favorite, I have allot of experience with a vast amount of tarantula species but when I started keeping true spiders it seemed like they were on a whole new level. I suppose that is what makes it most exciting for me.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Latrodectus is probably my favorite genus, but I enjoy keeping Heteropoda and Cupiennius as well. Need more Eresidae to decide how much I like that group lol.

JAFUENTES

Arachnodragon
All these spiders are awesome. Sicarius, Latrodectus and Nephila are my favorites in order of preference.

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Argiope aurantia I remember finding a large femail In an enomuse webb when I was like ten I sat there and watched her for like three hours amazed at how awesome she was

truecreature

Arachnoknight
I've always loved the looks of Latrodectus and Phiddipus but don't personally keep them. Too small and don't live long enough for me. Usually I don't keep any animals that aren't expected to live past 5 because I tend to get attached.

Coconana

Arachnosquire
We've got Latrodectus Hesperus running nilly willy over here... Call me bizarre, but they kind of give me the creeps. I really do love Phids though! And of course some of the more colorful Heteropoda Sp., but I haven't worked up the courage to get small, quick slings yet.

RebelWolf

Arachnosquire
Latrodectus are awesome. Have a ton of Hesperus and 1 macatans
I agree with you. My favorite spiders are black widow spiders or Latrodectus species. If you were to ask which specie, I'll tell you. My favorite species are L. Hesperus and L. Mactans. Someday I need to get those 2 as pets. I always wanted to own em. They'd be great pets

RebelWolf

Arachnosquire
I have both @RebelWolf and there awesome.
That's COOL! That reminds me, I should find a seller who can sell me some. I live in Ma and the only widow is the L Variolus but I've had no luck findin' em. At least there are sellers on this site, you know. Coolest pet to have. I need some

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I forgot to add Argyroneta aquatica, the diver spider, with their underwater web which conserve oxygen. Back then in Lombardy was not that rare to find but today thanks to the pollution is a sort of legend.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I forgot to add Argyroneta aquatica, the diver spider, with their underwater web which conserve oxygen. Back then in Lombardy was not that rare to find but today thanks to the pollution is a sort of legend.
Man, I would love to see one of those in the wild or in captivity. Such a fascinating species.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Man, I would love to see one of those in the wild or in captivity. Such a fascinating species.
Here there's chances in some areas due to the particular nature of Lombardy but you have to search like Diogene di Sinope (Diogenes of Sinope) did for the "man" :)
Pollution ruined that spider 'essence', basically.
IMO i doubt that in captivity could thrive but you never know...

High Lord Dee

Arachnosquire
Soooo many great choices here! The huntsman and wolves provide the best entertainment in feeding. Very aggressive and so much fun to watch. Sicarious may be "boring" most of the time as they spend most of their life under the substrate, but Man!, when they explode up and grab prey, there is nothing boring about that! But I really can't get enough true spiders in my collection as I enjoy each of them for different reasons (i.e. color, webbing, behavior, etc.).

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Here there's chances in some areas due to the particular nature of Lombardy but you have to search like Diogene di Sinope (Diogenes of Sinope) did for the "man" :)
Pollution ruined that spider 'essence', basically.
IMO i doubt that in captivity could thrive but you never know...
It would be nice to figure out a way to keep them in captivity, but I agree, it would likely be a challenge. Sad what pollution can do in all stages.

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
1: Sicarius because of their lifestyle

2: Heteropodra lunula because of their buityful colours

3: Phoneutria fera because of attitude

All pictures are of my own spiders, and they are alive and well...

JAFUENTES

Arachnodragon
So luck you can own Phenutria terra. I want one but I think there illegal to keep in the USA.