What's your favorite Pamphobeteus?

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My plattyoma and nigricolor are the most entertaining for me, my antinous are kinda skittish and my s Ecuador is pretty similar to the platty.

captmarga

Arachnobaron
I only have two at the moment, a platyomma, and a sp. Machalla. I would love to own more of these - I think they are beautiful! One of mine is a juv, the other a sling, and so far they both seem comfortable with being display Ts for me! Can't wait to see the smaller (sp Machalla, named Fortunato) molt, as I think he's in premolt at the moment.

Marga

Chaika

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Pamphobeteus sp. Ecuador 2,.. as that's the only species I've got and she's lovely lol :)

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
I have an adult female P.antinous and a juvie sp.Machalla. I love'em both, Machalla is a great eater and P.antinous is just damn beautiful with jet black body and long red hairs. Great genus!

TomM

Arachnobaron of Pennsylvania
Old Timer
I am loving my Pamphobeteus sp. "South Ecuador". She's about 6" right now and eating anything that touches her substrate. Got her as a $15 1.25" sling in January and is already a beast! Can't go wrong with any Pampho.

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Those Ecuadorian Beauties!

Good deal, Knight of Pennsylvania :clap:

It's nice to see so many enjoying their Pampho's :razz:

I like Sp. "Machalla" and the other Ecuadorians as well. Man can they eat! {D

TomM

Arachnobaron of Pennsylvania
Old Timer
Good deal, Knight of Pennsylvania :clap:
Man can they eat! {D
Indeed, Lord sharpfang of California!{D This is an understatement! I thought my LP was the champion of pigging out, but when I bought my Pampho, I soon found out that it is the Kobayashi of the T world! Not only is the feeding response 100x crazier than the LP, but just the size of the meals dwarfs any other tarantulas that I've seen.

Platyomma & machala here both superb feeders ,not sure whether to get Antinous or Nigracolour next tho? Fancy a really heavy built jet BLACK with scarlet abdominal setae ?? Or am i look8ng more at Xenethis for that???btw i KNOW how old this thread is but maybe SOMEBODY is still alive here?😂

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
All I have is machala, it looks like all the other slings so I can’t say much.

Carapace looks just like my Machala's though the Machala has darker markings visible on abdomen,the same pattern as slings but black on lighter tone of black.🤔

QuinnStarr

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter +
I have Pamphobeteus nigricolor Ecuador.
it’s a little jerk. If I breathe at it wrong, BOOM, hair kicks.

that said, I love it to pieces. The males are a gorgeous deep purple as adults and I am praying to whatever higher power exists in this universe that I have a male here.

Attachments

Xharyel

Arachnopeon
Solaris and Platyomma, but I gotta say, I love them all. Pamphobeteus is one of my favorite genus.
My P. sp solaris is the most docile T I've ever had. Like seriously, in all the time I had her, it never kicked hair, always chill, great eater, etc. Probably my favorite T in my collection alongside my C. versi.

Venom671

Arachnosquire
Pamphobeteus ultramarinus, probably if i didn't like the genus as a whole lol

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I really like the way that Platyomma and Ultramarinus look. I'm going to buy myself a species from this genus for Christmas this year ;) . Solaris is also gorgeous, but holy crap are they expensive.