Whats your fav. Tarantula???? and why ????

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
In the beginning when I first started collecting, I was drawn to the colorful. And then I was drawn to size, either very large or very small. Then it became attitude, and attitude/personality has stuck. I have a lot of Ts I like, and that I would never part with, but my favorite, my absolute favorite is the Haplopelma hainanum.

She's huge, black, and annoyed all the time. She chewed holes in the top of her aquarium screen back when I had them, and now she's working on the plastic of her KK lid. She chewed holes around the bottom edge of the cup when I tried to move her, scaring me half to death at the time. She takes my paint brushes and tongs away from me whenever I dare intrude upon her space. She has, at last count, 17 water dishes in her enclosure because it's easier to add a new one than it is to brave her fury and try and dig the old ones out.

We have an understanding, she and I. When my time eventually comes around and I get bit, it's going to be by her. I'm resigned. :eek:

Attachments

widowkeeper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
She takes my paint brushes and tongs away from me whenever I dare intrude upon her space. She has, at last count, 17 water dishes in her enclosure because it's easier to add a new one than it is to brave her fury and try and dig the old ones out.
lmfao

my fave atm is one of my 2.5''. Pterinochilus murinus about 2 weeks ago it decided its underground tunnel system wasnt enough and put up a dirt/silk curtain all the way around its deli cup, leaving a 1'' wide path to walk on . i thought forsure it was gonna hide in the middle. it just sits along the side of the cup untill i get to close and then attacks. its funny when i pick up its container it will follow my hand around the cup trying its best to bust through the plastic. feeding and watering is a pain it takes 2 ppl one to keep its attention and another to open feed/water any other way results in it launching out of its cage, even when done in the tub it was a chore to get it back in its cage. all my others at that size run and hide in their holes/webs
and my big ones will attack and run after a couple attempts. i have seen and owned many many mean tarantulas but this one by far is the most agressive one i have ever seen and only 2.5'' got to love it :D

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
of the t's i currently have my h. gigas hands down. not sure why. out of all t's ive seen i think so far it would be p. regalis. i think they are gorgeous.
sorry about the paint thing.

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's hard to choose from my OW species. I love all of my Pterrors (murinus, lugardi, and chordatus), the H. gigas is always wonderful, but the H. mac is pretty great, too. Then there's the Haplopelmas...I can't decide right now.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It's hard to choose from my OW species. I love all of my Pterrors (murinus, lugardi, and chordatus), the H. gigas is always wonderful, but the H. mac is pretty great, too. Then there's the Haplopelmas...I can't decide right now.
i cant see my gigas lol its under the water dish.

I am going to try the diving T set up wiht it pretty soon tho ,,, may be interesting

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
In the beginning when I first started collecting, I was drawn to the colorful. And then I was drawn to size, either very large or very small. Then it became attitude, and attitude/personality has stuck. I have a lot of Ts I like, and that I would never part with, but my favorite, my absolute favorite is the Haplopelma hainanum.

She's huge, black, and annoyed all the time. She chewed holes in the top of her aquarium screen back when I had them, and now she's working on the plastic of her KK lid. She chewed holes around the bottom edge of the cup when I tried to move her, scaring me half to death at the time. She takes my paint brushes and tongs away from me whenever I dare intrude upon her space. She has, at last count, 17 water dishes in her enclosure because it's easier to add a new one than it is to brave her fury and try and dig the old ones out.

We have an understanding, she and I. When my time eventually comes around and I get bit, it's going to be by her. I'm resigned. :eek:
ahh beautiful:clap: love those haps. ive got a couple aswell,just like that must bow to them:worship:

dianedfisher

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
We have an understanding, she and I. When my time eventually comes around and I get bit, it's going to be by her. I'm resigned.
I would love to meet your T. The line about 17 water dishes in her enclosure cracked me up also. If I owned her, she would be my favorite as well.

KaineSoulblade

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My favorite has to be the Ephebopus murinus. This is an obvious selection for me because Skulls/Skeletons have always been my art trademark. In all my drawings, posters and tat designs there are skulls, hidden in the work or out in plain sight. All my tats, which is all of my arms so far, are all designs I made with skulls as well.

So when I first learned of the "skeleton" tarantula I had to have one. Despite thier name and having the appearance of bones down thier legs, these guys look striking to me. Thier coloring isn't bright, yet its subtle and stands out with the legs. They have a pretty good disposition, as I like to handle my T's so it works out for me just right. I think I want to eventually get a 'blue fang skeleton' as well.

On a side note, I heard of one before I saw it and my mind conjured various images of said T; With a jet black coloration and a bright white skull-like pattern on it's back. I was very excited to gaze upon this beast, low and behold it was not the evil looking bone monster I had imagined but still became my favorite.

ratz00

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
G. pulchra for me... I have 2 right now, and I have 2 more adult females on the way...

"Missy" my female

My male...

verry_sweet

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I Like them all but if I had to choose to only keep one…damn can’t do that…. ok if I had to choose only 2…. it would be My H. maculata: I really like the young habits of burrowing and when they start getting there mature colors there’s nothing like it out there. And B. vagans: Love the color, the appetite, fast growers and pretty laid back.

Hmmmmm I would have to keep a poki also. No matter which they are all fascinating, gorgeous and out of they’re hidey logs a lot.

Wow this was a hard thread to respond to. I feel like such a sell out because I really like all the T’s out there…well except the Cyclosternum fasciatum…I don’t know why I just don’t care for em.

Steph

christin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Phormictopus cancerides

I just got a juvinile two weeks ago. an energetic, furious eater. She's (always a she untill I find otherwise) is my "right now" fave, but I'm not sure about all time fave....have to think on that one.