What's wrong my G.pulchra ?

A7xConnor

Arachnosquire
This must be like the 4/5th forum of this type I've joined now.... I've had my adult female G.pulchra for about 6 months she's about 5/6” not sure, not very good with measurements, anyway for all the 6 months I've had her she's been very active and eating at about the schedule of twice a week and she used to web quite a bit outside the entrance of her log but the last month she's not doing much and just sits in her log all the time! She hasn't accepted any food in about a month either, I'm not really sure if its a moult or not, her abdomen looks no darker but she does lay around sometimes in what I call a 'play dead' like state she just lays on her stomach sometimes with her legs stretched out very far but later on gets back up and goes to the back of her log again.... Does this sound like a premoult or what ? I hope it is just pre moult conditions ):

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Most likely pre-molt behaviour....nothing to get alarmed about....remember, jus cuz shes not a rosea,...doesnt mean she isnt a grammostola....and weird behaviour is the norm for this genus....make sure she has access to a fresh water, and keep an eye on her....chances are, you`ll go to check on her, and find her in a new black outfit:D.....good luck wit her!

A7xConnor

Arachnosquire
Ok thanks 'crawltech' I think I'm more eager for the moult than worried ^_^ and yeh I wet some of the substrate' Rob1985' why ?

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They are not huge fans of moist/wet sub...they prefer the dryer side...the od minor overflow of the water dish is usually plenty.....

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
G pulchra come from the pampas grass lands of Uruguay/Brazil with a relative humidity of ~64% and annual precip of ~50in., distributed throughout the year. They are accustomed to more moisture than most would think. I keep the lower 2-3" of sub moist, and when the barometer is high I sprinkle water over the surface of the entire enclosure.
Especially during pre-molt, I add water to the sub to raise humidity. I had a large female who came to me with many joint problems (superglue on one) and she molted out easily with no problems, using this method. Though, the joint that had the superglue shows minor damage from the glue, it is functional and will heal with the next molt.

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I provided my G. pulchra (~3 inches) with deep substrate (~7"), damp at the bottom and dry on top, a hide and a water bowl. She promptly dug a burrow down to where the substrate was the dampest. Actually it is more of a cavern than a burrow... Now her corkbark hide is used as a 'lid' to her cavern.

You feed her twice a week? I feed my tiny slings every 7 - 10 days; 2-3 inch juvies every 2-3 weeks; >3 inches about once a month. Maybe she's stuffed?

LisaD

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
mine is the same way, just taking her time to molt. :)

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I feed my tiny slings a small cricket every other day until they hit 1.5" and then it's a couple crickets every Sunday.