whats up with this guy?

venom81

Arachnopeon
this is the second one i found this week very defensive but at the end it doesn 't sting much i also seen darker ones and small one with the same attitude.i wonder if anybody cant tell me about this specie.

Attachments

John Bokma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hadrurus sp.? Might help if you give a state and a rough location.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Indeed we need a location. You are probably in SRA, because that looks like a Opisthopthalmus species to me....

John, the chela are to globose and the metasomal segments don't fit for Hadrurus...

PS. North American scorps are not my field, so it could be a NA species, but not Hadrurus I think.

John Bokma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Indeed we need a location. You are probably in SRA, because that looks like a Opisthopthalmus species to me....

John, the chela are to globose and the metasomal segments don't fit for Hadrurus...
Thanks Michiel, it was a wild guess.

venom81

Arachnopeon
yeah i think its the last one,i found this guy at work near the san diego border line i did research on the name i got from you guys an d yeah thats the one thanks.most i find is dark brown color ones here in tijuana but what caught my atention is the light color on this guy.

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeah i think its the last one,i found this guy at work near the san diego border line i did research on the name i got from you guys an d yeah thats the one thanks.most i find is dark brown color ones here in tijuana but what caught my atention is the light color on this guy.
Nice, did you have to dig most of them out?

venom81

Arachnopeon
most of them yeah. i already recognize there burrows sometimes flipping rocks but this one was under a piece of plywood i was actually looking for pill bugs in my lunch break.