What's the longest period of time your (healthy) centipede has gone without eating?

k0ella

Arachnopeon
Title. I usually feed mine once a week but it seems lethargic and won't eat what I gave him.

womanyetha

Arachnopeon
Once every 5 days. If he does not want to eat, I take back the cricket and offer him another one again next day.

Jumbie Spider

Arachnobaron
They can probably go weeks without food as long as they have access to water.
I don't see an issue in throwing in a few crickets/feeders and leave them in there with the centipede. It will eat if it's hungry or just leave them be.
If it's in premolt it may refuse, but you will see the color changing so that you know (it's obvious) - and usually then they retreat underground, or under some type of cover for security.
This is a generalization of course (based on tropical giant centipedes), but I suspect most centipedes may behave this way.

I don't see an issue in throwing in a few crickets/feeders and leave them in there with the centipede. It will eat if it's hungry or just leave them be.
This can have devastating consequences if you don't know your pede is in premolt (there's not always a dramatic color change with some color morphs and species so it's not obvious sometimes). A molting centipede is an all you can eat buffet for crickets and roaches. On top of all that, if it doesn't eat them because it's not hungry, they can pester and stress the pede out. Only feeders I'd leave in are wax worms. And even then I always remove them after a few minutes if the pede isn't interested.

Jumbie Spider

Arachnobaron
This can have devastating consequences if you don't know your pede is in premolt (there's not always a dramatic color change with some color morphs and species so it's not obvious sometimes). A molting centipede is an all you can eat buffet for crickets and roaches. On top of all that, if it doesn't eat them because it's not hungry, they can pester and stress the pede out. Only feeders I'd leave in are wax worms. And even then I always remove them after a few minutes if the pede isn't interested.
It's OK to disagree here. 👍
My comments are based on giant tropical centipedes.
Maybe all those asian species you keep are different, in which case that's great input you offered.
How many centipedes have you actually lost to a molt attack?

It's OK to disagree here. 👍
My comments are based on giant tropical centipedes.
Maybe all those asian species you keep are different, in which case that's great input you offered.
How many centipedes have you actually lost to a molt attack?
I haven't lost any to a molt attack but many of my peers have. Even the south American species are susceptible to these terrors. My pedes are too precious to me to take any chances like that so I've never let it happen. Crickets are scavengers so a soft, vulnerable pede can cause crickets and isopods to frenzy, no matter how big the pede is or where it's from.