What's the difference???

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i know i know i know!! =D =D

the last 2 are the X. immanis. not only you could see it because of the pink lines close to its abdomen, they are shorter and less bright on the last 2, but when u check image properties you can see you saved the last 2 as X. immanis :}

hope i havent scrwed up your question here ... :p

Ðennis

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Originally posted by dennie

hope i havent scrwed up your question here ... :p

Ðennis
LOL It was more of a rhetorical question :)

Scott

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The X. immanis has a shaggy abdomen. That is why I like it.
Bd

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Exactly! The immanis's bristles on it's abdomen are a little more gold-ish in color too. The nigricolor's abdominal bristles are more red and in a more uniform pattern.

Scott, does X. immanis have the black-on-red christmas tree pattern on the abdomen as juvies like nigricolor?

Atrax

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
the one has white tips on his front legs, the other has darker ones ...

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Cute! That little immanis s'ling kinda resembles a T. blondi s'ling. It's a trip how different they appear as s'lings compared to how similar they appear as adults. Neat pics btw, Scott. :)

Atrax

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hey,
I think there is a sure-fire way to tell the two apart. Check the rear legs IV looking at the tarantula as if your checking out it's butt. Take notice to the metatarsal scopulae on Xenethis and compare them to Pamphobeteus. In Xenethis, the meta-tarsal scopulae will curl around to an odd part of the leg. Almost to the rear of it. Why it is like this? I don't know. Who does?
If you look close at Scott's Xenethis full body shot, you can see it clearly, on the right leg IV (the 5th pic).
john