Whats the biggest or most crickets you've seen your T take?

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I feed my rosea 4 crickets today, she took'em all at once. :eek:
Also, my P.Murinus just alittle over an inch, took down a fully mature pregnant cricket his size. He only ate half of her and left the belly part in his water bowl. :drool:

Fingolfin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I've seen both my G. rosea and H. lividum stuff 4 in at once. The rosea would put them down and restuff them in, but the lividum just kept everything in.

Scolopendra55

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My blondi had 12 (lobsters) in his mouth at once!!! The food bolus was the size of a golfball :eek:

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
my 2" Xenesthis immanis took five medium crickets at once
i just kept dropping them in and she just kept snaping them up
she didnt even drop the ones she had already, 5 all at once
this little girl flys across the cage to get at the crickets
it really is cool watching her eat

scjones22

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I only feed my Ts I large cricket a week to keep them from being obese and to promote a longer lifespan. I would like to keep my Ts for more than just a couple of years before they die of a shortened life due to overfeeding and accelerated molting. But I have seen one of my friends feed his 10" T. blondi a store purchased, prekilled, juvenile parakeet. On another feeding I saw it eat a very large fuzzy mouse.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've seen my juvie L. para with 4 crickets in her mouth at one time. She is faster than can be seen when pouncing on food.

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've seen my blondi (RIP) take about 7 at a time. Scolopendra55 My goodness how big is your blondi?

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My A. geniculata took 10 crickets in one sitting. She carried them to her waterdish and dipped them inside it while she was eating them.

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
4 large crix

My A. avic near-adult can capture and eat 4 large crix at once, but if try 5, she drops one.
I usually only feed 1 at a time, 2 of them a week, but it was interesting to see
her go after 4 at once.

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
eek

Yep, I responded to that thread. That T must have been munchin a lot of crix. I think thats the largest butt on a T ive seen.

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
None of my current Ts have shown any overindulgent appetites.

Most of them will ignore crickets until they feel high noon over the gallows.

Many of you in the threads around make passing mention of speaking to Swift on the phone, next time ask him about the Cyclosternum fasciatum s'lings and THEIR appetites.

james41777

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
first day i bought my first tarantula ( rosie) 4 years ago
I divided the tank in half with cardboard and put 6 ~7 crix in one half
next day she climbed over or something and ate all of them !

tarangela2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Twelve

the first T i ever had ( b smithi) would attack and consume 12 crix in a setting, keep all of them in his mouth and leave not a trace anywhere - and he would do that about once a week! :eek: (this was before i was educated about eating habits)

i swear it looked like a crix pin cushion sticking from his mouth {D

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Today I had my female(hopefully gravid) Aphonopelma chalcodes devour 9 crickets at once, I'm sure she could have taken more, but I thought it was enough.

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I had a full grown L.parahybana years ago that I fed 24 adult crickets and it ran around rampaging smashing them with her legs then flicking them into her fangs.. she made a collection pile and then rolled them all into one big ball of goo. it was pretty amazing.

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i fed mine a 2.5 in locust 4 days ago. this doesn't sound like much, except he's only half an inch! :eek:

Jonathan Rice

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My big female geniculata is a machine! She once ate 7 at one time. Don't know why I kept tossing 'em in.. Guess I figured, "oh just one more.. ok, one more.. ok, the last one.." until the crickets were gone.. My blondis are runner ups! I know it's not the record or anything but it's still amazing in my book!