What's that plant? An identification thread.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
I wouldn't be too modest. i don't think I would have ever identified that Indian Cucumber Root.

I don't think it is Virginia Creeper, we have plenty of it and I have never seen it grow that way. But, honestly, I've never paid any attention to it's growth cycle, so maybe it IS creeper. There is certainly plenty of it around here.
The funny thing is, several years ago my sister gave me some ginseng starts to plant, she had bought them at a festival somewhere, knowing my interest in plants. I planted them and later the same sort of plant that I just posted came up. which thrilled me, until I noticed a few other specimens growing where I had planted no starters. So, either A)my ginseng had grown and in a pretty unlikely coincidence, I had chosen to plant them in a spot where there was already ginseng growing or B) Neither specimen was ginseng, my plants failed to grow and one of the mystery plants came up in that spot. The photo I posted was taken at another site, by the way.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Was it me that IDd that Indian Cucumber Root? I remember commenting on but wasn't it somebody else that ID'd it? I'd like to grow ginseng too. I need to get out of the hill country, I'm living on a giant rock here with about 2 inches of dirt.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Oops! Now that's embarrassing! It was Bigboy. I was in fact thrown off by remembering you commenting. I should have reviewed. Apologies to all parties!