What's on Your Tarantula Wish List?

MichiganReptiles

Arachnobaron
Just so everyone knows.. Yes, I did learn that B. colloratvillosum (which I actually got from this site during my initial search) is actually Nhandu coloratovillosus. I do have one now. :)

dustinv91

Arachnopeon
What is on everyone's wish list? Mine consist of one avic species, blue fang, H. Lividium, and T. Stirmi or blondi.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

Tarantula24

Arachnopeon
I would love to get any brachypelma or avicularia but unfortunately my mom think that the 2 T's I already have are enough. :o_O:

Medusa

Arachnoknight
I want to start a H. villosella communal. Researching now.

gobey

Arachnoknight
B. Emilia. It's like the one pricey one I want. And one of the few I want for color over size or personality. And I don't want a sling. I'll take a male though. I just want a pet. :)
It's the last on my list! I think I can live without a G. Pulchripes.

Later when my slings get older I'll look to trade I suppose. I have a lot of doubles. And triples. And may now have FOUR B. Albopilosums! I know they're supposed to be great Ts but man! Freebies!

But I have this habit of buying in pairs. Anybody else do that? I wouldn't have one T left if I got it instead of 2 L.P.s or 2 B. Albopilosums

Spier sales in bulk. Think about that concept for a second. We buy spiders in bulk on sale. :o_O:

JZC

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
More Theraphosas, some Xenesthis, Pamphobeteus, mostly large tropical terrstrials, then some OWs and commons. I'm all over the place

miserykills

Arachnosquire
I don't have many right now so my wish list is HUGE!! The important ones I'm planning on getting soon are N. chromatus, GBB and something big like an LP or T stirmi if I do more research on it.

dustinv91

Arachnopeon
I have a lp sling at the moment but wish I had a stirmi or blondi for sheer size and that rust color.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
i myself keep my wishlist on my profile.. but top of my list.. def want M. balfouri. but i dont see that happening for a while =[ but id settle with another Phormictopus sp purple this one i have is so awesome. i love it ^_^

gobey

Arachnoknight
I don't have many right now so my wish list is HUGE!! The important ones I'm planning on getting soon are N. chromatus, GBB and something big like an LP or T stirmi if I do more research on it.
Go L. P.
One of mine tried to eat my hand today. That's enough excitement without nasty Blondi hairs added to the mix. My L.P. has haired me too. Also annoying as hell.

Last edited:

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Go L. P.
One of mine tried to eat my hand today. That's enough excitement without nasty Blondi hairs added to the mix. My L.P. bas haired me too. Also annoying as hell.
haha agree. id go lp. stirmi is so overrated i have a LP as well as LD they dont grow as fast as i thought but they are a dime a dozen and have a much more tolorable hair XD [never been haired myself]

also a gbb is lovely.. love both of mine hope to loan out my male when he hooks out and get about 20-30 babies out of him lmao XD [yes so few i dont want 50% tho lmao] but i cant say much on nhadu. i like nhadu's i have a chromatus but its liek 1" and i hardly see even a leg unless i look under his cup lol XD but very sexy T none the less [once colored up that is] def a top 10 of mine XD

miserykills

Arachnosquire
haha agree. id go lp. stirmi is so overrated i have a LP as well as LD they dont grow as fast as i thought but they are a dime a dozen and have a much more tolorable hair XD [never been haired myself]

also a gbb is lovely.. love both of mine hope to loan out my male when he hooks out and get about 20-30 babies out of him lmao XD [yes so few i dont want 50% tho lmao] but i cant say much on nhadu. i like nhadu's i have a chromatus but its liek 1" and i hardly see even a leg unless i look under his cup lol XD but very sexy T none the less [once colored up that is] def a top 10 of mine XD
I want a t. stirmi and an LP at some point but I really want to get more hard to care for/defensive species without getting any old world yet. So I want the stirmi for size and care requirements while I think the LP will be pretty easy for me to care for. Same with the chromatus since I've heard their hairs are pretty horrible but the first time I saw a picture of one I knew I needed one. I think it's the best looking T I've seen. My old favorite was the GBB so obviously I need that.

gobey

Arachnoknight
I want a t. stirmi and an LP at some point but I really want to get more hard to care for/defensive species without getting any old world yet. So I want the stirmi for size and care requirements while I think the LP will be pretty easy for me to care for. Same with the chromatus since I've heard their hairs are pretty horrible but the first time I saw a picture of one I knew I needed one. I think it's the best looking T I've seen. My old favorite was the GBB so obviously I need that.
Suit yourself. I decided I'd rather progress to minimum care OW than the nastier attitude and tougher environmental care NW species. Not to mention those hairs getting any worse than the L.P. not that it hurt. It's just half itchy, half pin prick, and it lasts like all day long. Like fiberglass. Very irritating.

That's my only concern about wanting a B. Emilia. I know those Brachys are a happy hair kicking bunch.

laurenkane

Arachnosquire
g. pulchra, g. formosa, b. emilia, and b. albopilosum (fave species!) Can't get enough of these guys.

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
My wish list would consist of three of the most expensive/most rare in the hobby:

- P. metalica

- X. immanis

- A. juruensis

:)

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
Any Iridopelma, Pachistopelma, Typhochlaena.

My wish list would consist of three of the most expensive/most rare in the hobby:

- P. metalica

- X. immanis

- A. juruensis

:)
A. juruensis is on many wish lists, mine too at one point. ;)

image.jpg

image.jpg

High Lord Dee

Arachnosquire
My list is quite venomous:

- Missulena bradleyi - Eastern Mouse Spider
- Latrodectus variolus - Northern Black Widow (I have all the other U.S. species in the collection)
- Atrax robustus - Sydney Funnel Web
- Phoneutria nigriventer - Brazillian Wandering Spider

- Variety of different trap door spiders

- Chilobrachys sericeus - Rangoon Mustard Tarantula

cold blood

Staff member
ones I'm planning on getting soon are N. chromatus
I think I had the same response as you when I first saw the species...I was like, I gotta have one of those!! Got mine about 6 months ago at about 1". Its now about 2", maybe 2.5" and wearing its beautiful adult clothes. That said, its been the most boring t I own, hands down, and I have an old lady of a G. porteri. The Nhandu is ridiculously skittish, hiding at the slightest motion or movement, and it really dislikes the light. Constantly hiding or holding perfectly still, I hardly get to even see movement aside from cowering. While it eats everything I put in, I have only seen it eat one single meal. Generally I watch and just see it scrambling away from the prey (this is much of the movement I get to see), only to come back and see it feeding later. In hindsight, I almost wish I'd have just gotten the genic that the chromatus replaced, at least I'd get to see its feeding response. I will say, for as skittish as it is, it doesn't flick or flee, it just hunkers down or stays in the hide/hole.

As for my list:

P. muticus
T. okerti
Maraca cabocla
B. klassi/emelia
Avic huriana, amazonica, ulrichea, juruensis
P. pulcher
N. tripeppi (I like the blonds!)
And of course X. immannis
Any pamphobeteus

My secondary list, which are ones I like, but wouldn't necessarily place an order specifically for is:

A. genic
C. fasciatum
A. urticans

fomor

Arachnopeon
Agreed, I'm in love with N. chromatus.
Aside from that:

Avicularia sp. Peru purple and diversipes
Euathlus sp. red
Psalmopoeus cambridgei and reduncus
P. muticus (a looong way off)

I don't order often so I doubt I'll see any of them soon :(