What's on Your Tarantula Wish List?

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
I don't understand why some people love pulchra so much.

Because some people like pure black things as opposed to black and <insert another color>. It's just an inclination to certain traits or characteristics, that varies per individual just as how I don't like Theraphosa blondi / stirmi (IMO they look like mud bricks with legs) but some people like them and I completely respect that ;)

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
I think it has to do with how infrequent the adults seem to be on the sales sheets and the price which I refer to as tarantula bling. The peoples really loves them some tarantula bling. :D
Nope. :p I liked them before I even knew that they were on the more expensive side. When I knew they were pricey I was quite disappointed. :D

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Because some people like pure black things as opposed to black and <insert another color>. It's just an inclination to certain traits or characteristics, that varies per individual just as how I don't like Theraphosa blondi / stirmi (IMO they look like mud bricks with legs) but some people like them and I completely respect that ;)
But a black terrestrial? Ew.
Phormingochilus carpenteri is more like it.

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
But a black terrestrial? Ew.
Phormingochilus carpenteri is more like it.

But a black arboreal? Ew.
Grammostola pulchra is more like it.

Can go both ways really. As I said, individual inclination. Plus P. carpenteri doesn't have the fattiness that I want lol. :p

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
But a black arboreal? Ew.
Grammostola pulchra is more like it.

Can go both ways really. As I said, individual inclination. Plus P. carpenteri doesn't have the fattiness that I want lol. :p
Ah, you're into the chubby ones.. I got you. ;)
I prefer sleek and agile.

Last edited:

0311usmc

Arachnobaron
T.blondi, c.vonwirthi and p.rufilata and I am good for a minute. The t.blondi first then I would own all 3 of the theraphosas. Who dosent love huge tarantulas?

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Phormingochilus. All of them. All are stunning and have everything I look for in a spider.

More pokies. Just fun to raise.

C versicolor 0.1. no words needed.

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
Ah, you're into the shubby ones.. I got you. ;)
I prefer sleek and agile.

Well no. C. versicolor, B. albo, and G. pulchra are the only New Worlds I want or have. The rest of my love goes to Old World species. :p

I really cannot quite comprehend why some people are not able to appreciate G. pulchra. The monochromatic pitch black coloration is incredibly unique as far as animal color/pattern goes - even black panthers or melanistic specimens of the African/Asian leopard or South American jaguar do not sport pure black coats, rosettes are always visible under close inspection.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Well no. C. versicolor, B. albo, and G. pulchra are the only New Worlds I want or have. The rest of my love goes to Old World species. :p

I really cannot quite comprehend why some people are not able to appreciate G. pulchra. The monochromatic pitch black coloration is incredibly unique as far as animal color/pattern goes - even black panthers or melanistic specimens of the African/Asian leopard or South American jaguar do not sport pure black coats, rosettes are always visible under close inspection.
Cuz they're expensive and grow super slow. If they were 5 dollar spiders I don't think anyone would want them.

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
Cuz they're expensive and grow super slow. If they were 5 dollar spiders I don't think anyone would want them.

I'd definitely want them. Like I said, I included pulchra on my short wish list before I knew they were on the more expensive side - I wish they were cheaper.
The species being a slow grower is one drawback, and so decided that I will not be getting a sling lol. I want a fat female that already looks like a pulchra LMAO.

To somehow appease those who argue that people only want pulchra because it's expensive, I for one only have G. pulchra, M. balfouri, H. pulchripes, as the expensive T's on my list.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I'd definitely want them. Like I said, I included pulchra on my short wish list before I knew they were on the more expensive side - I wish they were cheaper.
The species being a slow grower is one drawback, and so decided that I will not be getting a sling lol. I want a fat female that already looks like a pulchra LMAO.

To somehow appease those who argue that people only want pulchra because it's expensive, I for one only have G. pulchra, M. balfouri, H. pulchripes, as the expensive T's on my list.
You only have 2 Ts on your list there lol

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
I do have to agree though that Phormingochilus carpenteri is definitely attractive. Old worlds do tend to have that attractive, "exotic" look to them. If it weren't for space constraints, I'd get Phormingochilus carpenteri as well But rather than an arboreal, reclusive old world, why not the comically cute pulchra :D

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
You only have 2 Ts on your list there lol

My real list contains waaayy more than just those two LOL it's just that it's these couples' turn to get purchased. ROFL Once I get them, I will rage about something else. Two at a time.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I do have to agree though that Phormingochilus carpenteri is definitely attractive. Old worlds do tend to have that attractive, "exotic" look to them. If it weren't for space constraints, I'd get Phormingochilus carpenteri as well But rather than an arboreal, reclusive old world, why not the comically cute pulchra :D
Cuz they're bigger, and have that sleek long legged look to them. Those enlarged scopulae are a wonder to behold. ;)

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
My wishlist:

ALL OF THEM

The top ones on the list would probably be an M balfouri communal and a T blondi or if I go crazy apophasis.

I had a 7" AF stirmi for a bit but it was the only one in my collection that gave my wife the willies. I sold it but I'd love to get a sling. I figure maybe if it starts small she'll be better with it when its bigger.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
The t.blondi first then I would own all 3 of the theraphosas. Who dosent love huge tarantulas?
Me, I got no desire to own any of those three. ;)

I get the size thing. They just don't do much for me. On a good note if I ended up with any of them I'd send them your way. :D

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I've grabbed most of the ones I cared about so far from the massive list I had a while back. I'm holding off picking up too many more till some of my 3-6 sling sets grow up some. Having over 50 slings can be a hassle.