What's a "brown short hair"?

B8709

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I went to a pet store today and that is what they were selling a tarantula as. It looks EXACTLY like my Haplopelma. Only that (made up? common name). No scientific name or info. 21.99 price. Didn't get it though. I went to another store and got an A. Avic and a P. imperator.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I've only ever heard that to describe a dog... lol

Maybe you can get a picture of it?

B8709

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I thought it sounded dog too!{D I shown a picture of my Haplopelma a while back, thinking it was A. semanni (imma noob), but I was corrected. This could be it's twin. Same butt pattern and stripes. It is Haplopelma. Pet shops are so silly. They don't know what something is so they just make a name up. Lol. Kind of irresponsible considering "brown short hair" reminds me of rose hair and it's nothing like a rosie! Can't get a picture since it's too far and I'm not going back soon.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Are you in California? *I* will go look at it! :p

Though, $22 for a random haplo is a bit much.. I think?
Atleast, I know I didn't pay that for mine

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Are you in California? *I* will go look at it! :p

Though, $22 for a random haplo is a bit much.. I think?
Atleast, I know I didn't pay that for mine
Around here, where in an LPS, a G. rosea goes for $39.99 CAN, I'd snatch up a $22 Haplo...haha. I think when Mackenzie bought our H. lividum when he was working at the LPS he paid $50...it was regular $75 but he got a deal on it or something.

I would just buy it and the post some pictures and see what it could be. Or just ask the LPS if you can take pictures of it and then post them on here.

Cass

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Wow! Now those are some prices.. even in CAN currency! lol

Though, I don't think I paid a WHOLE lot less for my haplo.. so yeah, I'd probably go get it too!

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Keep in mind that we are talking about a pet shop in a small city with a limited market.
Needless to say when I first got online and saw some prices from dealers I was pretty happy.
Mackenzie