What would you say????????????

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ok, i know that ive had this Poecilotheria pederseni for sale for quiet a while now. Im 90% sure it's a female, so here are some pics, so many people were wondering whether it was "really a female" or not... i took a couple pics using a magnifying glass and turning the flash off of my camera.

i will post more pics eventually :D

so what do you guys think?

Last edited:

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
a ha!! thanks moose, it took me forever to get that stupid piece of junk camera aligned right with that magnifying glass LOL

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I would say you are flipping a coin still......... hopes and dreams lol.... that molt is a tad to small. Especially with Pokies its my understanding that it takes a a bit longer for the sexual organs and such to become formed and visiable. It definatly does not jump out at you like ground dwellers.
Moose mind pointing out what you see thats points to female?

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
lol, yes i've also read that it takes pokies longer to form sexual organs... can't remember where, but you'd think it would be the other way around considering how FAST they grow :p.

~ true, still flipping a coin, but that's in any case, my friend had G rosea that was unsexed and he thought for sure that it was gonna molt out a male, based on spermathicae -- but it popped out into a nice big female red phase :D

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
~ true, still flipping a coin, but that's in any case, my friend had G rosea that was unsexed and he thought for sure that it was gonna molt out a male, based on spermathicae -- but it popped out into a nice big female red phase :D
All that means is your friend needs some practice with sexing Ts with a molt. And thats not a bad thing. But at certain sizes every species can be sexed via molt. With pokies I would say it becomes closer to 100% (unless you have a great microscope) at about 3.5"

The few pokies I have had always tear the heck out of their molts so thats an added fun aspect to the whole deal.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Poecilotheria have fused spermathecae, which is what that looks like. However from that pic I can make no definite decision.

-Sean

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
True..

With pokies I would say it becomes closer to 100% (unless you have a great microscope) at about 3.5"

... and this pokie is at right at exactly 3" now, i hope it molts soon...

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hmmm

Poecilotheria have fused spermathecae,
lol, ive been wondering which genuses have fused spermathicae... ok, so pokies do, i've heard that a lot of brachy's do, any others????