What would you do?

Urizen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I recently happened upon a thread on a local board about tarantula's eating mice, now I know this is a very emotionally charged topic, but I read on anyways, and came across this post:

"My g.rosea is bored; im gona feed her an adult mouse very soon; its gonna be a blood bath; muwhahahahahhaha hahahaha.

Yes she may be harmed; but im confident she will survive.
Time will tell."

Now please tell me, if this is not the kind of stupidity that is giving invert keeping a bad name. I reacted by posting that he was either seeking attention or an idiot. And was flame roasted for doing so. What would you do?

P.S. This is not an ethical debate about mice being used as food, its the stupidity of the above statement.

Oh this was his reply :

"I would personaly love to see my tarantula fight a full grown mouse and get thrown around the encloser a few times. Perhaps then i will grasp the power and strength a T has and realize that they are not that fragile after all. Taking down prey thats 5 times your own body mass with only the tools god gave you has to be awesome; and to think a T has that power just does it for me."

Heather

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I feel really bad for that persons critters... the life they must live :( :eek:

I think that both of his comments are very immature and disgrace to the responsible T keeping community.

Sad, sad, sad....

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I think you just had a debate with yourself and answered yourself all in the same posting........... :rolleyes:

Sunar

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I know what Brian Boitano would do...

~Fred

Urizen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You're right, it was probably more of vent than anything else.

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
its happens, there is nothing responsible keeps can do to stop it. Just like there are people that own giant pythons, or hot snakes for the wrong reasons too.

Theres people that breed dogs to fight and such, unfortunately so long as there is a hobby of invert (or any animal) keeping, there will be people that do it for the wrong reasons. Best thing to do is just keep informing those that do want to care for them the right way how to go about it.

Dr. John

Arachnopeon
I recently happened upon a thread on a local board about tarantula's eating mice, now I know this is a very emotionally charged topic, but I read on anyways, and came across this post:

"My g.rosea is bored; im gona feed her an adult mouse very soon; its gonna be a blood bath; muwhahahahahhaha hahahaha.

Yes she may be harmed; but im confident she will survive.
Time will tell."

Now please tell me, if this is not the kind of stupidity that is giving invert keeping a bad name. I reacted by posting that he was either seeking attention or an idiot. And was flame roasted for doing so. What would you do?

P.S. This is not an ethical debate about mice being used as food, its the stupidity of the above statement.

Oh this was his reply :

"I would personaly love to see my tarantula fight a full grown mouse and get thrown around the encloser a few times. Perhaps then i will grasp the power and strength a T has and realize that they are not that fragile after all. Taking down prey thats 5 times your own body mass with only the tools god gave you has to be awesome; and to think a T has that power just does it for me."
Well , I personally think that the person who wrote that has some kind of a serious problem . A tarantula is just not capable of eating prey 5 times it's size . Would he or she kill a cow and be able to eat it ? Apart from that who , in a sound state of mind , would take the risk of their tarantula being injured or killed in such an experiment ? In nature , tarantulas will feed on prey that fits their needs and size . They will certainly not attack adult mice , rats , rabbits , cows , elephants or humans as potential prey . How does he / she want to know that the tarantula is " bored " ? Tarantulas sometimes refuse their regular food for long periods of time , for no obvious reason .
I think the guy / girl should seek professional help . If he / she gets some kind of pleasure out of seeing animals fighting to death , bloodbaths and pain and agony , he or she is just a pervert in the full sense of the term .
Maybe the person also enjoys dogfights and so-called " snuff movies " . He or she should get himself or herself a boyfriend or a girlfriend , or probably , better not . There are some sick people involved in this hobby . I'm sorry ,but things like this just turn my stomach .

Dr. John

rooster

Arachnopeon

Id take a guess the guy is an idiot just looking to start an argument either with "ethical T people" or "anti feeding mice people" Ignoring him is probably the best solution, replying to him just fuels his fire.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
what a PRAT all of hes ( t ) should be taken a way :wall: :wall: :wall: :( :( :( -- phil

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeah, he sounds like an irresponsible owner, and i think he should take a little bit better care of his ts. i know what he means, tho, about watching spiders eat, but i would never put mine against a rat. i can't wait till mine can eat mice, tho. anyways, the guy sounds like a dodo head, and before i get into trouble, i'm going to conclude. :evil: