What Would Be a Good Pet to Get?

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
To be honest maybe you should just not get anything. I wouldn't recommend anything not already mentioned to a kid who lives with his parents. Wait till you grow up and out on your own.
I'm actually just going to get a gecko.

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Perhaps you should try bearded dragon :). They very tame and have more personality than any reptiles i've ever had. They also come with different colors.

here are some of the babies I produce in the past

Let me know if you want one I have one adult adult female and snow baby for sale :). I'm also from So Cal so you can see them in person :)

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Oh... Result to name calling... That is so grown up of you.. {D :clap:
Yeah, because calling me burntsnot (ooh, so creative- I've heard that one a load of times before) and suggesting a pet rock is any better. Aren't these forums supposed to be helpful?

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
Yeah, because calling me burntsnot (ooh, so creative- I've heard that one a load of times before) and suggesting a pet rock is any better. Aren't these forums supposed to be helpful?
Listen man the burntsnot thing was an accident.I think it was just a Freudian typo,sorry!:wall:

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What.. You ask what would be a good pet to get... Right? Well.. I suggested a "pet" rock.. You dont know what you want.. So.. It was a "suggestion"... Maybe not a real suggestion.. Not one you wanted to hear either..

I dont see why you are making such a big deal out of something so small..

But I kind of do.. You a kid.. A sensitive one at that... Where is the cry-baby smiliy?! Seems like you are in need of one..

These forums are helpful.. Your just a little <edit> that dont deserve having a pet.. Is your mommy & daddy going to let you even mess with it? Like.. IIRC.. Your not allowed to mess with your tarantulas.. Right? {D

Last edited by a moderator:

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
What.. You ask what would be a good pet to get... Right? Well.. I suggested a "pet" rock.. You dont know what you want.. So.. It was a "suggestion"... Maybe not a real suggestion.. Not one you wanted to hear either..

But I kind of do.. You a kid.. A sensitive one at that... Where is the cry-baby smiliy?! Seems like you are in need of one..

These forums are helpful.. Your just a little <edit> that dont deserve having a pet.. Is your mommy & daddy going to let you even mess with it? Like.. IIRC.. Your not allowed to mess with your tarantulas.. Right? {D
That's it I'm taking my ball and going home.:(

Versi*JP*Color

Arachnoknight
Well then I'm saying it now- I don't want a lizard. We've had things like lizards before. And once again, "I want something cool and unique, but a bit more handleable too."
If you are saying lizards are 'not' cool, then you're not gonna find anything.
Maybe you think the only lizards in the world are the junk you find in the backyard.

Cool lizards.
Sailfin's my white whale
http://www.sailfindragon.com/2006 Pics/joxerfin.jpg
http://ecoterrariumsupply.com/popup_photo_gallery.php?photos_id=1169

Frilled
http://forums.kingsnake.com/forum.php?catid=47

Firewater leopard gecko
http://www.reptilesncritters.com/firewater-leopard-gecko.html
+ there is way more morphs of leopard geckos {D

I lol'd myself when I clicked on Redneck's link.

KnightinGale

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow, Spyder, those sailfins are spectacular. I've never been a huge fan of leopard geckos of any morph, but I love crested geckos. My LPS has one right now but I am resisting temptation (so I may order a few more tarantulas :D )
As far as any pet, let alone exotics, I really would never recommend getting one that a person is not passionate about. I would never get a pet just because I feel like I haven't got one in awhile or I want something new. The animals that are going to get all the best care and attention, for ALL the long years of their lives are going to be ones that people got because they loved them, researched them and carefully thought it through before buying.

Versi*JP*Color

Arachnoknight
Wow, Spyder, those sailfins are spectacular. I've never been a huge fan of leopard geckos of any morph, but I love crested geckos. My LPS has one right now but I am resisting temptation (so I may order a few more tarantulas :D )
As far as any pet, let alone exotics, I really would never recommend getting one that a person is not passionate about. I would never get a pet just because I feel like I haven't got one in awhile or I want something new. The animals that are going to get all the best care and attention, for ALL the long years of their lives are going to be ones that people got because they loved them, researched them and carefully thought it through before buying.
Yeah hopefully if this versicolor breeding works out and if I'm up to the task,
I might just get a few.:rolleyes:;)

Versi*JP*Color

Arachnoknight

Un called for.
KId's can be ignorant,smart,allicy and winey.
Trust me I should "know".
But that was not the way to go with it.:(

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
Un called for.
KId's can be ignorant,smart,allicy and winey.
Trust me I should "know".
But that was not the way to go with it.:(
A little crass, maybe.Red's just calling it as he see's it.Like you weren't thinking the same thing.

Ookamii

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It was alil harsh but thats what a kid gets for joing up on a sight that adults and experienced animal owners are on, and begains showing there age (the kid) and is disrespectful of there elders.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
trust me ferret or chinchilla....best pets ever....dont eat mice or crickets, but aint gonna find a more handeable pet....

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
i just want to advocate for kids. im thirteen. i could be classified as "kid," but i dont think kids are classified by age, but more by knowledge and responsibility;). just my 2 cents. geckos are cool, by the way.:)

Tindalos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my post is pointless. it wont answer your questions
but

fenic foxes and Savannah cats are cool.

8by8

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What sp. of gecko did you pick? Crested geckos are the dung. Easy to keep, handle, and breed. They come in a billion colors and patterns, don't require insects, and change there colors from night to day.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
What sp. of gecko did you pick? Crested geckos are the dung. Easy to keep, handle, and breed. They come in a billion colors and patterns, don't require insects, and change there colors from night to day.
Er, no. I decided to get a leopard gecko- they're so cute! Although, I will probably get a crested gecko later on. Oh no, are geckos like tarantulas- you can't have just one!?