What Type of Scorpion is This

Lucas Terrell

Arachnopeon
I'm not sure what type of scorpion I have it was given to me for free and the guy had no info on it. I don't know what size crickets to see it or anything. It's about an inch and a half long. Please help!

Attachments

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Almost looks like an Ophistothalmus species. They are known as burrowing scorpions and like to have long, deep burrows in the ground. Not very well versed in scorps, but it looks very similar to them. Can't be sure of the exact species (at least from me, sure someone else will know ;)), but sizing crix is pretty simple. Just feed it crix that are a little less than the scorp's body length (without tail and claws). You could probably go a little bigger, they can take down pretty big prey for their size. Do you have a cage set up already? It may not eat because it is stressed, but I hope that it does well for you. Beautiful scorp. Again, I'm sure someone with more knowledge will come in here and confirm what it is :D

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I would say its a Vaejovid of some sort. Are you measuring its size from the "mouth to tip of tail"?