What T's are "suppose" to be communal?

The Juice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Just wondering, has anyone tried this with any luck? Are venezuelan suntigers communal? Is it easier to keep T's communal when they are slings? What about if you keep them well feed, and always have food avaliable?:?

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by dirtyduck
Just wondering, has anyone tried this with any luck? Are venezuelan suntigers communal? Is it easier to keep T's communal when they are slings? What about if you keep them well feed, and always have food avaliable?:?
Well I hear most Tarantulas in the Avicularia genus can be kept communally. But I'd monitor them for awhile. If they attack each other then they must kept separated.

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
the Ts most likely to be communal are some of the arboreals. specifically, A. avicularia is supposed to be the most successful.

however, even with these, there is a high risk unless they have LOTS of room for private space. this is definitely something to consider. i know a few people are keeping these at present with success so far.

i would not recommend keeping slings together as from what i understand they tend to be highly cannabalistic, regardless of Genus species.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by skadiwolf
the Ts most likely to be communal are some of the arboreals. specifically, A. avicularia is supposed to be the most successful.

however, even with these, there is a high risk unless they have LOTS of room for private space. this is definitely something to consider. i know a few people are keeping these at present with success so far.

i would not recommend keeping slings together as from what i understand they tend to be highly cannabalistic, regardless of Genus species.
Hopefully the 1 inch A. avic. sling I have is female. If so, once she grows to be the size of my current Avic Pandora, I'm putting her in the same Pet Pal.

Tito

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've had my 3 P.Regalis together since last october, in the beginning two of them seemed to like to hang around together. The third one has always been a loner. But even the two that used the same hide found a place the be alone when molting. Usually up high near the top of the cage.

During the last monts, when they've gotten a bit bigger, they don't interact as much anymore. When one comes to close the other usually runs away. Haven't seen any signs of aggression as of yet. But, I suspect as they get older there might be some casualties.

Tito

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Cannibalism.

Hi.

Tarantulas are 'guaranteed' to be cannibals.:)

Charlie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
no way

I have also read that some T's are able to be kept together but in my case I am too scared to try it.

I dont want to take a chance on waking up one morning and finding on of my T's half eaten.

-Charlie

dandare500

Arachnopeon
Hi Hystocrates species can be communal for a while, I have two in the same tank at the moment - when I got them they were together but I split them for two months and reintroduced them. They touched and spent a bit of time with each other but burrowed on the opposite sides of the tank. I will keep them together logging any facts forever if there is forever) Dan

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I find it intresting you can keep 2 or 3 T's together...Tito how large was the cage you where using?